Question What to upgrade on my gaming build

aaroneus

Honorable
Oct 3, 2016
Hey guys

I've been running with my current gaming build for a while and am starting to feel some performance slowing.
I mostly play high end raiding in wow which means a lot of characters on screen and fairly hefty weakaura/add-on use.
I'm currcurrently using asus strix gtx 970 gpu and a Pentium g4560 with 16gb ddr4 2400mhz.
I feel as though it's likely the cpu but wanted to check as my gpu is fairly old now.
Should I be seeing some inconsistent frames playing wow in raids with a load of add-ons?
What is my best upgrade path? Happy to hear suggestions, budget right now is around £300

Thanks

Jul 24, 2019
Hmm well currently your CPU is bottle necking your PC majorly. What motherboard do you currently have. Since you are running DDR4 RAM the motherboard should not really be that old and can support a high GEN CPU.

Jul 24, 2019
Yea see if you can get your hands on a 7th GEN i5 or i7 you will be sorted...but then again its not easy getting a old of older GEN cpus. Upgrading the motherboard and CPU. Cheap side will be AMD and they still perform really good.