What to Upgrade?

mrloafy

Honorable
Jul 23, 2012
So, I built my system about 5 months back and have been extremely happy with. It’s the best PC I’ve owned or worked/gamed on. I constantly use the PC to play Star Wars: The Old Republic online, as well as browsing the web and streaming TV shows and movies. In game I constantly see 55-60+ FPS with settings on high and AA turned off through almost every scenario. Overall, I’m happy with the system for my gaming needs but feel like tinkering, and know it can probably run a little better.
I recently received some money and it’s burning a hole in my pocket and I wanted some advice from the community about how to spend the cash, or if I should just not spend it not and be happy.
1) Add another SSD, thinking SS 840 Pro 128 GB. My boot drive has a bout 70gb free, and my game is being played from my storage drive. I was thinking of adding a 2nd SSD strictly for the game(s). Will probably get BF4 when I comes out.
2) Upgrade to 3770K. SWTOR is a CPU heavy game, thought this might help run it a little better.
3) Upgrade GPU to 7970 card and sell my 7870. I was thinking about possibly X-Firing, but my card is OOS on Newegg.
4) Add/Upgrade RAM. Just upgrading won’t do much, but I figured if I added another GBs, I could create a RAM disk for caching, which might be fun.
5) Just leave stuff alone. I don’t want to waste money and things probably can’t get much better for my uses. I guess if I did this I could start trying to OC the machine a bit to see if I notice a difference.
Thanks in advance, let me know what you think.

I5-3570K>
>Asus P8Z77-Pro>Antec TP 750W>Sapphire 7870 2GB OC ED>Patriot Viper 1600mz,2x4gb>BOOT:SS 830 128GB SSD>Storage:WD 500GB Caviar Blue>CM Hyper Evo 212 Cooler

angaddev

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2012
Absolutely no need for upgrade, you say "Overall, I’m happy with the system for my gaming needs". None of your stuff is out of date so keep it.

Give your money to the needy or buy us all 7970x2s.