[SOLVED] What to use my old GPU for

DomisAcuteperson

Commendable
Oct 22, 2020
Because of the GPU shortage I was stuck with a GT 710 for my new build it ran windows fine and youtube but thats about it my friend paid for a RTX 3070 TI and he was nice enough to let me have his old 1070 so we could play games now i got a 710 just chilling i heard about low power GPU'S and was wondering if i could set my 710 as a low power GPU for some extra frames
If you're wondering this is my current pc

MSI PRO VDH WIFI
GTX 1070 GIGABYTE
DDR4 2400MHZ G.SKILL RAM
RYZEN 5 3600
TX750M CORSAIR PSU
AMD STOCK COOLER (lol)
COOLERMASTER MASTERBOX Q300L

Thats it I think

Solution
You can use it in an HTPC build if you have a CPU without integrated graphics. Or you can keep it around as an emergency card if you have issues with your 1070. Otherwise, there's not much to really do with it other than sell it; it's a very basic GPU.
If by "set my 710 as a low power GPU for some extra frames" you mean that you can use two GPUs at once to improve performance, that's not how that works.

Not only do you need two of the same types of GPUs to take advantage of that, the support for multi-GPU acceleration is next to 0 in games these days, and even when it is there, you never get full utilization from both GPUs.

Your best bet with your GT 710 is to sell it. In other times it would be worth very little, but due to a combination of the chip shortage, scalping, and cryptocurrency mining, GPUs have inflated prices at the moment (although they are slowly inching back down) and what it's worth right now is probably the most money you'll ever get out of it.

DSzymborski

Titan
You can use it in an HTPC build if you have a CPU without integrated graphics. Or you can keep it around as an emergency card if you have issues with your 1070. Otherwise, there's not much to really do with it other than sell it; it's a very basic GPU.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS