What to use to play .img files with ac3?

Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop,comp.multimedia (More info?)

Just made the img file and want to check it before burning.

Help much appreciated.

TIA

MR

"Madra Rua" <madra@rua.net> wrote in message
> Just made the img file and want to check it before burning.
>
> Help much appreciated.

Maybe use something like isobuster to open the .img and save
the resulting files temporarily to hard disk then play from there
with your normal DVD player software?
HTH
--
Rob

"Rob Hemmings" <SpamDaMan@nowhere.noway.con> wrote in message
> "Madra Rua" <madra@rua.net> wrote in message
> > Just made the img file and want to check it before burning.
> >
> > Help much appreciated.
>
> Maybe use something like isobuster to open the .img and save
> the resulting files temporarily to hard disk then play from there
> with your normal DVD player software?
> HTH
> --
> Rob

Thanks R for the suggestion.

I used Daemon Tools to mount the image and then was able to attempt to play
it.
However, I get no audio. Power DVD and Media Player Classic show ac3 present
but I hear nothing. I copied a piece of the ac3 file that was used to mux
and was able to play it with Azid.

The little joys of capture - burn :-(

MR

Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop,comp.multimedia (More info?)

On Sat, 05 Jun 2004 14:37:24 GMT, "Madra Rua"
<madra@rua.net> wrote:

>"Rob Hemmings" <SpamDaMan@nowhere.noway.con> wrote in message
>> "Madra Rua" <madra@rua.net> wrote in message
>> > Just made the img file and want to check it before burning.
>> >
>> > Help much appreciated.
>>
>> Maybe use something like isobuster to open the .img and save
>> the resulting files temporarily to hard disk then play from there
>> with your normal DVD player software?
>> HTH
>> --
>> Rob
>
>Thanks R for the suggestion.
>
>I used Daemon Tools to mount the image and then was able to attempt to play
>it.
>However, I get no audio. Power DVD and Media Player Classic show ac3 present
>but I hear nothing. I copied a piece of the ac3 file that was used to mux
>and was able to play it with Azid.
>
>The little joys of capture - burn :-(
>
>MR

MPC should play the ac3 file. and there is a winamp plugin
for ac3

You probably need ac3 filter
http://ac3filter.sourceforge.net/

Another Video player that supports DVD
Video lan client http://www.videolan.org/

just a question. the ac3 is 48kHz and not 44.1kHz?

Slippery

"slippery" <slippery@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
> On Sat, 05 Jun 2004 14:37:24 GMT, "Madra Rua"
> <madra@rua.net> wrote:
>

> >"Rob Hemmings" <SpamDaMan@nowhere.noway.con> wrote in message
> >> "Madra Rua" <madra@rua.net> wrote in message

> >> Maybe use something like isobuster to open the .img and save
> >> the resulting files temporarily to hard disk then play from there
> >> with your normal DVD player software?
> >> HTH
> >> --
> >> Rob
> >
> >Thanks R for the suggestion.
> >
> >I used Daemon Tools to mount the image and then was able to attempt to
play
> >it.
> >However, I get no audio. Power DVD and Media Player Classic show ac3
present
> >but I hear nothing. I copied a piece of the ac3 file that was used to mux
> >and was able to play it with Azid.
> >
> >The little joys of capture - burn :-(
> >
> >MR
>
> MPC should play the ac3 file. and there is a winamp plugin
> for ac3
>
> You probably need ac3 filter
> http://ac3filter.sourceforge.net/
>
> Another Video player that supports DVD
> Video lan client http://www.videolan.org/
>
> just a question. the ac3 is 48kHz and not 44.1kHz?
>
> Slippery

Thanks S.

Yesterday I dnloaded and set that filter up. That fixed part of the problem.
The other one was that I had accidentally processed in mono audio only and I
didn't have
2 speakers set up. It was playing to the missing speaker but that's all
fixed now -
sloppy ole me.

I have several DVDs with ac3 and they are at 44.1. They play fine
on my PC but might not in a hardware DVD player, which I'll never use
anyway. .

Thanks again for your comments. Much appreciated.

MR