What type of Case Fans are better NZXT H440

Solution
I also have a NZXT H440, the case is the best I could get, really huge nice deal BUT the airflow in this case is far from optimal, I will say everything I tried and what I observed, and then suggest some fans:

- Removing the grills from the sides, didn't help almost nothing, so keep them.
- I searched about people that removed the sound dampening foam, they stated that didn't changed much.
- Removing the front panel (dropped my GPU temperatures about 7-10 degree celsius)
- Removing the top panel (dropped my GPU temperature about 3-5 degree celsius)

So, the case has a LOT of obstructions and that's where the static pressure fans come kicking asses, the NZXT stock fans aren't static pressure optmized, definitely, I got a AF140 (which...

Gabriel_Garcia

Commendable
Sep 20, 2016
I also have a NZXT H440, the case is the best I could get, really huge nice deal BUT the airflow in this case is far from optimal, I will say everything I tried and what I observed, and then suggest some fans:

- Removing the grills from the sides, didn't help almost nothing, so keep them.
- I searched about people that removed the sound dampening foam, they stated that didn't changed much.
- Removing the front panel (dropped my GPU temperatures about 7-10 degree celsius)
- Removing the top panel (dropped my GPU temperature about 3-5 degree celsius)

So, the case has a LOT of obstructions and that's where the static pressure fans come kicking asses, the NZXT stock fans aren't static pressure optmized, definitely, I got a AF140 (which isn't static pressure optimized but there is some) and the difference was notable.

I am getting some Noctua NF-F12 for the front or some Corsair SP-120 for the front. For the top I suggest using 2 140mm fans as 3 120mm fans would struggle for air in the corner, as the top exhaust and front intake would battle. And this is how I'm using now, 2 140mm exhaust in the top, 3 intakes in the front and my Corsair H55 radiator as intake in the back.

The water cooler improved a lot in performance when in the back as there's no obstructions, but you need to keep in my two things:
- Positive pressure
- Air filtered intakes

So, the only places to put intakes is in the front or if you buy some aftermarket dust filters, get some static pressure fans in the front because of the dust filter and front panel.
In the top side static pressure would be nice but I would get something in the middle, like Corsair AF140 or Noctua P14 that has airflow but some static pressure.
In the back I got a radiator, if you are using a air cooler I strongly suggest a AF140 air flow optimized fan as there is no obstruction, and remove one exhaust fan in the top so you could keep positive pressure inside the case to avoid dust.

Keep in mind too: GPU fans and Air coolers contribute to positive pressure so, account them, if there's any doubt left, feel free to ask.

AFTER MUCH, MUCH, MUCH experimenting, this was my optimal setup, as I could get with everything closed, below 80 degrees celsius in my R9 380X:
14195239_1335529466457294_5630839985020647579_o.jpg

Solution

Vishana

Honorable
Mar 8, 2013

Thank You very much...Ya I am going to get some static Pressure fans I decided for the front and a AF fan for the rear. I have 2 of these Cougar fans 140mm http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835553004&cm_re=cougar_fans_140-_-35-553-004-_-Product which I am going to put in the top.

Gabriel_Garcia

Commendable
Sep 20, 2016

Pretty sweet, with an air cooler and a double dissipation, triple dissipation GPU you will probably get positive pressure and awesome hot air exhaust and cold air intake. I live in Brazil and Gentle Typhoon, Noctua, any premium fan doesn't exist, just corsair and cooler master's... Good luck with your rig!

Gabriel_Garcia

Commendable
Sep 20, 2016

A dust filter is a thick mesh dude, and the primary concern isn't that, it's the NZXT H440 specific build that doesn't leave room for direct airflow, it gets air from the sides and it's quite little space to breathe there. And there are fans that are static pressure optimized and have good airflow compared to others, as the famous Noctua NF-F12's.

Gabriel_Garcia

Commendable
Sep 20, 2016

So I got a guy that conduct tests on this kind of statement:

"I used a anemometer. I discovered that the NF-S12A hardly generates any airflow when put against a filter. An NF P12 generates decent airflow, pulling through a filter. Even on ULNA's these fans generate enough airflow that I use them on ULNA's in the front of my case, behind a filter.

I'm a convert on higher static pressure fans pulling through filters. In my previous case I had two GT's in front."