Question What type of PCIe slot is this? And what's a good graphics card to put in it as an upgrade for prebuilt HP?

Jul 2, 2019
Link to image: https://ibb.co/BrJt33b

So as you can tell by the question, I'm not exactly a computer expert. But I have this HP desktop from a few years ago and am looking to give it better graphics performance. To start with I need to know exactly what kind of PCIe port that is and what graphics card fit in it. Then if anyone could recommend a good budget graphics card (Under $100, Used or New) that would be amazing! Thanks in advance.

Cannot give any recommendations until you list full system specs.

Otherwise, black slot seems like a PCI-e 2.0 x16, and white slot seems like a PCI-e 2.0 x4 .

GPU upgrade choices are generally limited on prebuilt rigs, and the usual reason is a very weak PSU which is probably 200-300W at most (check this). This usually limits your choices to models with 30-50W TDP at most (and it is also very likely that this PCIe slot itself cannot even provide 75W which it normally would on desktops, check motherboard documentation).

And then there is always a possibility that BIOS will not be happy with the latest GPU, not a high chance but it happens...

Jul 2, 2019
Cannot give any recommendations until you list full system specs.

Otherwise, black slot seems like a PCI-e 2.0 x16, and white slot seems like a PCI-e 2.0 x4 .

GPU upgrade choices are generally limited on prebuilt rigs, and the usual reason is a very weak PSU which is probably 200-300W at most (check this). This usually limits your choices to models with 30-50W TDP at most (and it is also very likely that this PCIe slot itself cannot even provide 75W which it normally would on desktops, check motherboard documentation).

And then there is always a possibility that BIOS will not be happy with the latest GPU, not a high chance but it happens...
Thank you so much. The system has pretty basic specs:

Processor: AMD A4-5300B
RAM: 8GB DDR3
PSU: 240W
Storage: 2x 500GB Hard Drives

I'm not worried about GPU power consumption because I have an external 300W power supply that I can use to power it.

My only concern is that will a x16 PCIe 3.0 Graphics Card be compatible with my motherboard? If so, any suggestions?