Question What type of Power supply do I need ?

Feb 21, 2020
My PSU is a pevia 700w spirit power series and I was told this was actually really weak and that I should replace it. First off, how come? It’s 700w and my build is very shitty and should be able to handle that. And if not, what type of PSU do I need?! My Specs are:
Gpu: GTX 980 ti
Cpu: I7-3770 3.4ghz
Motherboard: Carver rev a
Ram: 16 gbs
One hard drive and ssd, don’t know their names
My pc just won’t turn on sometimes, it will shut down for a while then turn on later. I was told it could be the power supply and i think it is. My pc will turn on the fans and lights then turn off. Please help.

My PSU is a pevia 700w spirit power series and I was told this was actually really weak and that I should replace it. First off, how come? It’s 700w and my build is very shitty and should be able to handle that. And if not, what type of PSU do I need?!

A PSU is so much more than wattage.

The Apevia Spirit is probably one of the worse PSUs on the market.

First off, it's not really 700W. It's more like 650W.

It doesn't have PFC (uses more apparent power than real power from the grid).

It's not efficient at ANY load (uses a lot of electricity and produces more heat),

Sleeve bearing fan (short life span).

Chock full of questionable Chinese capacitors (can explode any minute).

Old school double forward, group regulated topology.

Has ZERO safety certifications. I get a laugh from the fact that they put icons from a furniture box where there should be UL, TÜV, CE, etc. certifications. Keep dry? Fragile? This side up? REALLY?!?!

You're lucky it's lasted as long as it has and that that PSU hasn't destroyed every part inside your PC.

Feb 21, 2020

It's not efficient at ANY load (uses a lot of electricity and produces more heat),

Has ZERO safety certifications. I get a laugh from the fact that they put icons from a furniture box where there should be UL, TÜV, CE, etc. certifications. Keep dry? Fragile? This side up? REALLY?!?!

You're lucky it's lasted as long as it has and that that PSU hasn't destroyed every part inside your PC.
Also, my pc has only worked for little bit. I just got it 2 months ago, but only have been able to play on it for a couple days in between those months.

Feb 21, 2020

What is a good brand that has the correct PSU for my system and what PSU would you recommend ?