Question what type of quality headphones should i buy with no context?

not you

Distinguished
May 14, 2015
Hello everyone

i wanted to try out some high quality headphones but i have never had any
the best i have ever had (and still have) is the hyperx could 2

what i would like to use it to is games movies and songs
its very unlikely that i will ever buy a sound card or audio amplifier for it

i dont need it to be loud (i use the hyperx at about 12-20% so its overkill on loudness) but i do want it to block the sound from outside
because I LIVE NEAR AN AIRPORT :/ (i can still hear myself talk im not like meters from airplanes but it can get anoying)

In songs i mostly like vocals and i dont listen to sounds that are just beats
mostly what i listen to is musical songs
defying gravity is one of my favourites

in games i mostly play story heavy ones not competitive so i dont really need to know where bullets come from
but have more clear accurate sounds

i have been looking at the sennheiser hd 650 and the steelseries arctis pro (althou i dont really need a mic i dont mind it) so something around this price is good 150 000ft is my price limit (not an absolute limit i can go a bit higher if there is something far better for a little bit more)

as far as i know the sennheiser hd 650 doesnt block the sound from the outside :( but something that sounds like that that is also noise canceling would be the ideal solution imo

thank you for your help

The Sennheiser HD 650 is good, but as you said it is an open headset. The Acrtis Pro is also pretty open compared to the HyperX Cloud. Really your HyperX is not bad at all even for music and movies. I have the HyperX Alpha and I really enjoy it, for me I like the sound better than the Acrtis, my son has a set and they sound nice, but I don't like the low end as much on them.

If you want to try a nice closed set to block out sound that are "better" than the HyperX you have there is a decent size list for HD 650 price or less.

Sennheiser HD 598 C

Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro 32 ohm (there are 3 different models but if you will be using only the onboard audio card you want the lower ohm version)

Audio-Technica ATH-M60X

maarkr

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2012
any of the closed sets mentioned above are good, but if you don't have a high-end sound card or audio interface, it would be a waste to spend too much money... they are made for audiophiles or music production.