[SOLVED] What type of spliter/adapter should I get?

Feb 1, 2021
I need a spliter for my astro a40 headset to split audio and microphone into my mixamp mixer and only my microphone into my xbox one controller. I didn't know what 3.5 mm spliter to get. I want to be able to talk to people on xbox and on pc at the same time and have everything set up except the xbox one mic to the controller. Also I didn't know if it matter if it was 2 male one female or vice versa. I just want it to fit my 2 male to male usb extenders or hopefully some adapter I can buy.

Feb 1, 2021
This is the exact one I got here, just bought it for xbox one. The heaset and mixamp, I want to put a split in it before it reaches the mixamp and run it to my xbox controller. Well the microphone connection only anyways, Idk if running the audio also to a xbox controller jack would mess up the audio or not. The astro cord ends in a male audio and mic and I also bought two male to male 3.5 extenders to make it longer from the mixamp and controller so I could move around too. But I'm ok with buying some adapter's if those are the wrong type. All the cord types can get confusing.
https://www.amazon.com/ASTRO-Gaming...t=&hvlocphy=9022475&hvtargid=pla-751000407518

Feb 1, 2021
Oh ok. That helps me know the different types, but Im still a bit confused. Is it really not possible for me to get a cord that splitters between to one 4 ring TRRS headphone male plug for my mixer and one 3 ring mic male plug from the male TRRS plug it starts with. Is there some wattage issue with splitting a microphone to two different sources? The only true thing I was wondering if existed was a TRRS female headset splitter to 2 TRRS 4 ring male headset plugs. From there I feel like it would be easy to split one to mic only.

Last edited:

Ralston18

Titan
What is possible is a good question.

If there is a demand for some particular adapter then someone is likely making them.

Key is to figure out the correct wording and phrasing to go along with "adapter".

Then google.

Moving post from Computer Peripherals to Home Audio.

Good chance that some audiophile there will have a suggestion or two.