Question What upgrade to improve Adobe Premiere performance ?

May 30, 2023
I am using adobe Premiere a lot more now and with the effects in Premiere I am having a lot of issues with my system struggling to render or just hanging up.
I am considering upgrading and hoping this solves my problem.

My current spec is Ryzan 3700X / 16gb Ram / Nvidia GeForce GTX 770 16gb GPU.

I am looking at a used RTX 3090 24gb GPU but not sure if upgrading the CPU and Ram would also help and if so what CPU would be a significant enough jump.

To add to this though - Is the RTX 3090 more than I need? I have seen a thread for the NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti which significantly cheaper.

Any thoughts and opinions would be appreciated.

Last edited:
May 29, 2023
The RTX 3090 is a beast, but it might be overkill if you're mainly using Premiere. The RTX 3060 Ti could be a solid choice and would still be a huge leap from your GTX 770.

For CPU, Ryzen 3700X is still a good processor. If you're finding your system slow, the issue could be your RAM - 16GB can be a bit tight for heavy Premiere work. I'd suggest upgrading to at least 32GB.

Reactions: neilyp40
May 30, 2023
The RTX 3090 is a beast, but it might be overkill if you're mainly using Premiere. The RTX 3060 Ti could be a solid choice and would still be a huge leap from your GTX 770.

For CPU, Ryzen 3700X is still a good processor. If you're finding your system slow, the issue could be your RAM - 16GB can be a bit tight for heavy Premiere work. I'd suggest upgrading to at least 32GB.
Ok, that sounds like a suitable avenue to go down - I can upgrade the RAM no bother -

When I search for the NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti I get loads of other brands but none that just say Nvidia - are the other brands different to Nvidia?

bdcrlsn

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I agree with above, having experience with Premiere. Your GPU and RAM are most likely what's holding you back. Nvidia is who makes the GPU, there are partners that release the GPU cards, so you will see many different "brands" that release the 3060 Ti.

Reactions: neilyp40
May 30, 2023
I agree with above, having experience with Premiere. Your GPU and RAM are most likely what's holding you back. Nvidia is who makes the GPU, there are partners that release the GPU cards, so you will see many different "brands" that release the 3060 Ti.
Is there any brand I should avoid ? Or any that are more reliable than others?