What ups should i get.

Jan 8, 2019
Recently I am having great problem with power cut in my area. I need a ups that can run my pc for about 40 min. I need to know how much ups power i need in va/kva unit. My pc spec- gigabyte Gtx 1060 3gb, i5 6500, psu corsair 550 watt, 2 hdd, 1ssd and dell monitor(i dont know power usage of the monitor). I have searched the internet and didnt find a appropriate answer. Hope someone can help me.

Solution
Your router does not use much power and yes, you will also need to connect that to one of the UPS plugs to supply constant power.

I would recommend this APC UPS. I have four and they are excellent and the software that controls shutdown just prior to running out of power is also very good.

While you can start with that, you may need to add the extra Battery Pack that attaches to the Back UPS PRO BR 1500VA to provide much longer power. I use the set of those two on my largest server.

The batteries last 3-5 years in my experience and when you need new batteries, they are also available to you from the same site and seller.

On the back you will see that you should attach important battery backup devices to the...

RealBeast

Titan
That will be a pretty hefty UPS due to the monitor, what model number is the monitor?

You can use the APC Calculator by inputting all the parameters. I run a 1500VA UPS on my main machines but with the monitor none would make 40 minutes as they are all 27" monitors. The APC Power Chute software is good because you can set it to shutdown your system a number of ways, including a few minutes before the UPS is out of power.

Jan 8, 2019
My monitor model is dell s2218h. I mainly use my pc to play dota. The game punish heavily for leaving the game and a avg match last around 40 min. So i need a ups that can run my pc and monitor for about 40 min. I am willing to spend the money.

RealBeast

Titan
What kind of Internet connection, DSL? Does it stay live during power outages?

You will need to plug your modem and router (or gateway if you have a combo unit) into the UPS also.

What region are you in so I can see what is available online?

Jan 8, 2019
Hi. I live in india. And I have fiber connections from JioFiber. I only have the router to plugg in the power socket , dont see any other modem. So i think the ups have to handle the router too. Also i cant find any power usage of the router (the fiber roll out is in the beta version). Thanx.

RealBeast

Titan
Your router does not use much power and yes, you will also need to connect that to one of the UPS plugs to supply constant power.

I would recommend this APC UPS. I have four and they are excellent and the software that controls shutdown just prior to running out of power is also very good.

While you can start with that, you may need to add the extra Battery Pack that attaches to the Back UPS PRO BR 1500VA to provide much longer power. I use the set of those two on my largest server.

The batteries last 3-5 years in my experience and when you need new batteries, they are also available to you from the same site and seller.

On the back you will see that you should attach important battery backup devices to the specific plugs and use the surge protection plugs for things that do not need to stay on during a power outage.

Solution