What utility should I use to tune my memory slots/sticks ?

Oct 23, 2018
I recently flashed my bios and now I can't run more than 1 stick of ram or the system becomes unstable and gives me all sorts of BSOD errors. The system runs just fine with any 1 ram stick in any 1 slot, dosn't matter which. I know the ram isn't bad because I have 4 sticks of ddr2 2gb ram and running any 2 of the sticks causes the same thing.

I'm thinking the timing or voltage is off. My mobo doesn't have any utility to adjust those, so what would you guys recommend? Any help would be super.

My mobo is the Foxconn G33M-05 (the mobo for a Gateway FX4710 PC)

There are no utilities to change memory settings if the bios does not support memory configuration settings. If you are able to change the DRAM (Memory) voltage, I'd try bumping the voltage up slightly with one stick installed, then power off, install another stick and see if it will POST.

Are all these modules identical or are they mixed part numbers?

It wouldn't be surprising at all. First, it's a pretty old platform. Very old in fact. And, that Foxconn board was cheap even then, not a really good quality board at all.

I'd suggest that if you know somebody else with a DDR2 board maybe you can test the memory in that to be sure. Otherwise, you may need to find another board used. I doubt you'll find much new for that platform.