[SOLVED] what vdsl modem should i go for ?

Dec 7, 2020
Hey everyone happy to be here with you
i live in algeria worst place for networking sadly
anyways my isp provider are planning to use the vdsl
and i was asking what modem routeur should i go for? good splitter, good wifi,
good network compatibility and service, good cpu
for that there's 3 that i can't choose since i'm not a pro
1-tplink archer vr600 ac2100 v3
2-dlink-2888a
-asus dsl-ac55u
yes there"s only these three avaible and thanks

Solution
It likely will make very little difference. All are going to be able to full use a DSL connection that is slow. It doesn't really matter if the wifi is faster on one box than the other it still has to go though the slow dsl connection to get to the internet.

Do not waste money unless you really know why the more expensive router will help you. In many cases the end devices can not use many of the features on a fancy router and will run the same speed as a much less costly one. So you need to look at your devices and see.

Then most importantly none of that even matters unless you have say a local file server that you want to access. All other data is going to go via the DSL and be limited by that speed.
It likely will make very little difference. All are going to be able to full use a DSL connection that is slow. It doesn't really matter if the wifi is faster on one box than the other it still has to go though the slow dsl connection to get to the internet.

Do not waste money unless you really know why the more expensive router will help you. In many cases the end devices can not use many of the features on a fancy router and will run the same speed as a much less costly one. So you need to look at your devices and see.

Then most importantly none of that even matters unless you have say a local file server that you want to access. All other data is going to go via the DSL and be limited by that speed.

Reactions: Equal123master
Solution
Dec 7, 2020
It likely will make very little difference. All are .
Thanks for the awsome answers i cleared up many clouds in my mind but last thing only since we are
Migrating from ADSL to Vdsl and my modem IS only adsl2+ so wich of these three seems the better adequet choice ?

And will use m'y current one as a routeur

I did not look up those part numbers but any that supports vdsl will work.

VDSL maybe faster than ADSL it is still extremely slow compared to the performance of any router. If you had say a 600mbps internet maybe then it might make some difference but all those routers will likely keep up with any form of DSL

Reactions: Equal123master
Dec 7, 2020
I did not look up those part numbers but any that supports vdsl will work.

VDSL maybe faster than ADSL it is still extremely slow compared to the performance of any router. If you had say a 600mbps internet maybe then it might make some difference but all those routers will likely keep up with any form of DSL
Thanks to you i chosed the tp-link one since its the fastest and support super Vdsl 350mbps
If my isp provider decided so 2-its the newest one from these three and have last update releases wich IS only 3 month old thanks gain

From quick search, "Huawei AX3" is combo modem - router device. When you see multiple Ethernet ports, WiFi, CPU, etc, this means the product you'e looking at is a router (technically, gateway), not modem-only.

I would suggest looking at your ISP' list of approved devices.

TRENDING THREADS