What Video Card do I get?

Evan_6

Reputable
Oct 13, 2015
so i want a video card under $180. i want to be gaming with the computer I am building. but just games like cs:go and only at a medium-high resolution. My CPU is the Intel Core 2 quad Q6600 but I can change that also if you think I should. So which one do you guys think I should get?

Solution
I would suggest the PNY gtx 750 ti http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814133530 , the FTW requires a 6-pin connector from the power supply, but the PNY has a slight better performance, good cooling and still won't require any connectors from the power supply, as for the bottlenecking, well to put it simply it's the situation when your cpu can't keep up with your powerful video card and as a result your whole system will slows down and you will get very low fps and the only solution is to restart and start over and it will keep happening until you upgrade your cpu, but for your PC the intel core 2 quad will be still capable for keeping up with your gtx 750 ti

Evan_6

Reputable
Oct 13, 2015

To be honest, I really dont know much about this. PLEASE suggest changes I should make for cs:go and no heavy gaming. Also, what's bottlenecking? should i get a new cpu?
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 2.4GHz Quad-Core OEM/Tray Processor

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper TX3 54.8 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-G41MT-S2PT Micro ATX LGA775 Motherboard

Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory

hard drive : Seagate Barracuda 250GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive

should i get this video card?
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB FTW ACX Video Card

Power Supply: Corsair CX 430W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply

maxalge

Champion
Ambassador

yeah a gtx 750 ti is the most i would get for that system

your cpu will be the limiting factor the "bottleneck" of performance if you will

Hawkshot

Admirable
best thing you can do is buy both gtx 750ti very nice card with low power requirements about £100 and your CPU should be fine for things like CS:go :), if you are looking at more demanding games you may want to look at changing your motherboard to either a 1150 or a 1151 and picking urself up an i3 or an i5 :)

zallim

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2015
I would suggest the PNY gtx 750 ti http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814133530 , the FTW requires a 6-pin connector from the power supply, but the PNY has a slight better performance, good cooling and still won't require any connectors from the power supply, as for the bottlenecking, well to put it simply it's the situation when your cpu can't keep up with your powerful video card and as a result your whole system will slows down and you will get very low fps and the only solution is to restart and start over and it will keep happening until you upgrade your cpu, but for your PC the intel core 2 quad will be still capable for keeping up with your gtx 750 ti

Solution