May 14, 2015
hello everyone

im specifically looking at the valve index kit

i have an i7 6700k
2x8 16 gb 2666 corsair vengance lpx
gtx 1080 ti
samsung 970 pro 512gb ssd
wd black 1tb hdd

is the valve index good or is there something better or is vr not good all together for now?

and is my pc good enough for it?

thank you

Solution
You can pretty much use any VR kit, with the HTC Vive, Occulus Rift, HTC Vive Pro, you have to use sensors. With the Occulus Rift S, you don't - it has motion sensing in-built. With the Valve Index, you pretty much get the most top end VR headset the world has to offer.
If you want a truly premium wireless VR experience with zero to minor latency, get the new HTC Vive Pro and a Vice Pro Wireless upgrade kit (the standard Vive has a Vive Wireless upgrade kit- these upgrades only give u Wireless video output to the headset u still have to use the motion sensors- which are different for the wireless setup).
You can go very easily tether-less this way.
Check this out it features that
View...

Yacobino

Reputable
Aug 10, 2016
hello everyone

im specifically looking at the valve index kit

i have an i7 6700k
2x8 16 gb 2666 corsair vengance lpx
gtx 1080 ti
samsung 970 pro 512gb ssd
wd black 1tb hdd

is the valve index good or is there something better or is vr not good all together for now?

and is my pc good enough for it?

thank you
I have basically the exact same build and am using the HTC Vive, works great
PC should run any VR game just fine

I7 6700k @4.0 GHZ
32GB GSkill 2133
MSI GTX 1080x (X2 SLI)

Nov 16, 2019
You can pretty much use any VR kit, with the HTC Vive, Occulus Rift, HTC Vive Pro, you have to use sensors. With the Occulus Rift S, you don't - it has motion sensing in-built. With the Valve Index, you pretty much get the most top end VR headset the world has to offer.
If you want a truly premium wireless VR experience with zero to minor latency, get the new HTC Vive Pro and a Vice Pro Wireless upgrade kit (the standard Vive has a Vive Wireless upgrade kit- these upgrades only give u Wireless video output to the headset u still have to use the motion sensors- which are different for the wireless setup).
You can go very easily tether-less this way.
Check this out it features that
View: https://youtu.be/sfA73Wcq0fo

Repeating, the Valve Index is THE premium VR kit.
View: https://youtu.be/6p1e_JSol8s

So, yea I would choose the Valve Index or a Wireless Vive Pro to make good use of that ballers gaming rig, and if I was tighter on budget but craving VR, I would use an Occulus Rift S mostly because it doesn't have any sort of wired sensor setup hassle.

Solution