What Was Your First Car?

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
1st one:
1988 Honda Accord AeroDeck (2.0 DOCH, FWD, 5 speed manual).

AK_AccordAerodeck3B_IG-1060x1060.jpg

Current one:
2008 Subaru Forester (2.0, AWD, 4 speed automatic).

SUBARUForester-607_5.jpg

Reactions: Roland Of Gilead
The first car I bought was a 2001 Honda Accord coupe back in 2009
1118091601.jpg

My current car is a 2014 Mazda 3 hatchback
0204161821.jpg

Though it wasn't asked, I don't think the chance to share this will come up any time soon so also:

First motorcycle I bought was a Suzuki GS500F
C360-2012-03-31-12-37-08-org.jpg

And the current one I have is a 2015 Kawasaki Ninja 650
IMG-20141115-125402579-HDR.jpg

Rokinamerica

Estimable
Nov 30, 2021
1965 Olds F-85 was my first (was supposed to be a 1960 Rambler Wagon, push button tranny, party wagon for the high school stars... and on the ride home dad said it was too nice for me and my friends, so he kept it instead, and I got the Olds.

Currently is a 2012 Tacoma.

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
The first car I drove, 1988 Oldsmobile Ninety-Eight

My best friend's family had one of a similar year, real road yacht. His mother had it and then it went down through the older brother, my friend, his younger brother. If that car could have talked....

To stay topical. my first actual "mine" car was a 1984 Renault Encore given to me in 1988, one owner (my mom). We went to get her another car and they offered so little for the trade that she just tossed me the keys.

My currents are a 2006 Nissan Titan and a 2013 Audi A4.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
My best friend's family had one of a similar year, real road yacht. His mother had it and then it went down through the older brother, my friend, his younger brother. If that car could have talked....
It was actually my grandmother's car that my dad took over after she passed. He was daily driving it for years and taught me how to drive in it. All things considered it was an interesting car with the V6. All burgundy, interior and exterior.

It was still mostly running when we scrapped it, just started having electrical gremlins. We converted it to push to start when the ignition failed. Had to replace the solid state coil pack. I believe a sway bar delete happened. But it just started getting all kinds of messed up.

Part of my early college days I was driving around in a 1984 Plymouth Voyager (AKA Dodge Caravan). Scrapped that and another running 1990 Plymouth Grand Voyager when they were just not worth repairing anymore. We got rid of so many cars at around the same time, when it came time to get new ones we pretty much stuck to late model Fords. My brother returned his first car a 97 Thunderbird, which became my Dad's daily. I bought the Focus, and my mother bought an Escape.

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
It was actually my grandmother's car that my dad took over after she passed. He was daily driving it for years and taught me how to drive in it. All things considered it was an interesting car with the V6. All burgundy, interior and exterior.

It was still mostly running when we scrapped it, just started having electrical gremlins. We converted it to push to start when the ignition failed. Had to replace the solid state coil pack. I believe a sway bar delete happened. But it just started getting all kinds of messed up.

Part of my early college days I was driving around in a 1984 Plymouth Voyager (AKA Dodge Caravan). Scrapped that and another running 1990 Plymouth Grand Voyager when they were just not worth repairing anymore. We got rid of so many cars at around the same time, when it came time to get new ones we pretty much stuck to late model Fords. My brother returned his first car a 97 Thunderbird, which became my Dad's daily. I bought the Focus, and my mother bought an Escape.

We had a 1998 Plymouth Voyager. Only one of two cars I have ever purchased at a dealership, got this one used a couple years old-ish. Both the kids were of ages that they loved nothing more than pestering each other going down the road. This van had the two rear rows and doors on both sides so each of them had their own seat and their own door. One sat directly behind the driver seat on the left, and the other on the rear seat on the right. They could not reach each other in the seatbelt. Alongside one of those seat mounted DVD players it was the first time in several years that we rode in peace. With the smaller V6 this one went just over 500 miles on a tank. We drove to Maine and back as well as Florida and back dozens of times overnight (kids would fall out and we could just ride). I absolutely loved that mini-van cool points be damned. Had a nice stereo system, we could take the back seats out and go to the drive in for a great experience. Load it full of anything. Unfortunately the motor and trans went out in short order and sealed its fate.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
1998-Ford-Tempo-L.jpg

The horror that was the 1988 Ford Tempo. I went through five alternators. I actually drove it for four more years past college until I realized "Hey, I'm an adult with a career and money, I could just go buy a car that isn't horrible.

I then had a 2004 Mazda 6s from 2004 to 2018, a 2018 Subaru Crosstrek from 2018 until 2021, and since I could get what I paid for it during COVID, I traded it in and got a 2021 Mazda 3 Turbo Hatchback.

20221224-122420.jpg

Had that car since.

first car was a custom 1966 Dodge A100.
https://silodrome.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/08/Dodge-A100-Van-e1661588756405.jpg
2011 King Ranch Expedition (wifes)
2014 F150 4x4
1999 F150 SC XLT work truck
1999 Miata AE

Edit

Forgot to add, dont know if it counts.
32 ft. 1991 Fleetwood Bounder Custom Red/Grey striping (none or that orange stuff) With king bed in rear instead of 2 twins.
Pulls the Miata when visiting National/state/county/city parks/ recreation areas. :grinning:

Last edited:
Reactions: stonecarver

SSlipknot

Commendable
Mar 18, 2022
IMG_2667.png
My first car was a 2001 Honda Civic, had around 264k miles. It started falling apart on me.

My final straw for getting rid of it was when I was going on a very large hill and it completely died on me and I started rolling backwards, the brakes wasn’t working and I had to pull my Ebreak. Scary moment for me lol.

Edit : I now have a 2024 Kia Forte GT-Line

TRENDING THREADS