[SOLVED] What wattage should I use for this setup?

Jan 15, 2019
GPU - Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24G

Ram - Corsair DOMINATOR PLATINUM DDR5 32

Mobo - GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Master

Cpu - Intel Core i9-13900K

AIO - Corsair iCue H170i Elite CAPELLIX XT Liquid CPU Cooler - Three AF140 RGB Elite Fans - 420mm Radiator

Fans - 4 Corsair iCUE AF140 RGB Elite 140mm

Psu 1 - MSI MPG A1000G PCIE 5 & ATX 3.0 Gaming Power Supply - Full Modular - 80 Plus Gold Certified 1000W

Or

Psu 2 - MEG Ai1300P PCIE 5 & ATX 3.0 Gaming Power Supply - Full Modular - 80 Plus Platinum Certified 1300W

Out of the 2 PSU what one would run better for the setup?

Last edited:
Solution
"run better" is understood in the general context.

However, what specific performance requirements are required? Some measurable criteria that could define "better".

The final selection may be dependent on the PSU's quality than anything else.

Read some product reviews. Start here:

https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/best-psus,4229.html

Then visit the respective PSU manufacturer's websites to read the PSU's User Guide/Manual, detailed specs, FAQs, and Forums.

Look for both what is said and what is not said.

And. of course. there may be other responses in support of either or neither PSU's....

Ralston18

Titan

However, what specific performance requirements are required? Some measurable criteria that could define "better".

Then visit the respective PSU manufacturer's websites to read the PSU's User Guide/Manual, detailed specs, FAQs, and Forums.

And. of course. there may be other responses in support of either or neither PSU's....

Solution
Jan 15, 2019

I think mostly I am worried about the gpu some sites recommend 996w and some 880w for the build and I still want overage for the gpu but I am also new to how these PCIE 5 gpu's work I seen reviews on some sites stating they run the 4090 with the 1000 w one but im hesatant on how much power with everything I truely need.

Ralston18

Titan
Use the calculators in the review link.

If a component (GPU for example) lists a range of wattage values then use the highest wattage value.

And do your own manual wattage total as well.

There should be some consensus value for the required system wattage.

A higher quality but lower (within reason) wattage PSU may perform better than some PSU claiming a higher wattage but may be less reliable and less efficient.

What games do you play? Go to the game sites and peruse the FAQs and Forums. You may find comments regarding GPU's and/or PSUs that work or become problematic at times of peak gaming.