[SOLVED] What webcam should I buy for Zoom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cowgoesmoo2

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2014
I want a good webcam, but I am curious if anyone has a specific suggestion for me. It is probably pretty important to look good.

I want things to look really good without buying more than what Zoom will support for a video call.
I want framerate, resolution, and audio quality to be as good as possible.

However I wouldn't want to overbuy.
For instance I heard that zoom (non premium) only runs at 720p anyway? I would appreciate if anyone knew for sure. I will buy a 4K webcam if it'll help, honestly.

What I was looking at was two main types: The Microsoft Lifecam, bulky for me as a gamer, but hey if it works it works and it seems very business-oriented and serious, and the Logitech 900 series of webcams. Anyone have specific suggestions for me by any chance for my purpose?

Another issue was debating over was if I need a webcam with H.265 some encoding. Apparently i've read that the lack of it will scuff your FPS.

Solution
I want a good webcam, but I am curious if anyone has a specific suggestion for me. It is probably pretty important to look good.

I want things to look really good without buying more than what Zoom will support for a video call.

For instance I heard that zoom (non premium) only runs at 720p anyway? I would appreciate if anyone knew for sure. I will buy a 4K webcam if it'll help, honestly.

What I was looking at was two main types: The Microsoft Lifecam, bulky for me as a gamer, but hey if it works it works and it seems very business-oriented and serious, and the Logitech 900 series of webcams. Anyone have specific...

What I was looking at was two main types: The Microsoft Lifecam, bulky for me as a gamer, but hey if it works it works and it seems very business-oriented and serious, and the Logitech 900 series of webcams. Anyone have specific suggestions for me by any chance for my purpose?

Another issue was debating over was if I need a webcam with H.265 some encoding. Apparently i've read that the lack of it will scuff your FPS.
Hello there!!
I don't know alot about webcams although this might help you;
https://www.tomshardware.com/best-picks/best-webcams

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.