Question what/which power supply works?

Sep 4, 2019
hey guys. i have had a pc for 7- 8 years and yesterday i upgraded the graphics card to a pny geforce 1060 and the ram to 12 gig. my cpu is old (amd athlon 635 processor). the important part is that my power supply is also an old green 530 watt (7- 8 years used). will the power supply be safe for my system or should i buy a new one? i am really worried about the power safety of my pc

If you are concerned about it....it's almost worth the cash just to alleviate the concern.
That being said....if it were me I would buy a new one because 7-8 years is getting pretty old and I wouldn't want my new GTX 1060 or anything else getting fried.....and being you don't mention a manufacturer it may be a crap supply to begin with.

Sep 4, 2019
If you a
If you are concerned about it....it's almost worth the cash just to alleviate the concern.
That being said....if it were me I would buy a new one because 7-8 years is getting pretty old and I wouldn't want my new GTX 1060 or anything else getting fried.....and being you don't mention a manufacturer it may be a crap supply to begin with.
thank u so much. ur definitely right
concerned about it....it's almost worth the cash just to alleviate the concern.

Sep 4, 2019
Well, give us a link to an online store you like. We will have a look around and offer some suggestions. International pricing can vary so much from country to country.
thank u kind friend for u reply but choosing a power supply isnt my problem. figuring out if i need one or not is my problem. my 530 watt power supply is Green. but it is used for 7 8 years. will i have power problem?

thank u kind friend for u reply but choosing a power supply isnt my problem. figuring out if i need one or not is my problem. my 530 watt power supply is Green. but it is used for 7 8 years. will i have power problem?

Well, if you are really worried about it, then buy a new one. A 7 to 8 year run is pretty good. A lot of PSU's do start having issues at around that age. Not all are immediately noticeable.

When you said "green PSU", did you mean the old green labeled corsair CX or were you referring to something else?

Sep 4, 2019
Well, if you are really worried about it, then buy a new one. A 7 to 8 year run is pretty good. A lot of PSU's do start having issues at around that age. Not all are immediately noticeable.

When you said "green PSU", did you mean the old green labeled corsair CX or were you referring to something else?
no friend, by Green i mean the manufactorer of the PSU. my pc case and power supply are made by GREEN.
ok then it looks like its worth the cash. i will buy one. thanks