what will hapend if i put my cpu cooler radiator on the bottom of my pc?

bjorn_cpu_overclocker

Commendable
Dec 9, 2016
will my cpu get hot or what will happend if i put in on the bottom of my case for better airflow?

cpu specs:
fx-8350 at 4.5ghz
msi 970 gaming
Corsair Carbide Spec-02
Seidon 120v2 water cooler

fan config:
2 front push
1 bottom push
2 top pull
1 back pull

Solution
You want the radiator at the top of your case, blowing outwards towards the top.

The top towards the rear, most cases have slots or holes for mounting radiator specifically

bailojustin

Distinguished
You would not have good results.

hot air rises, this is the reasoning for putting radiators ontop of your computer so the air rises up and through, resulting in mostly all the heat dissipated from the radiator to be expelled out the top.

butting it on the bottom would restrict airflow to the radiator, The hot air would rise and heat up other components especially the graphics card. it would pump more heat into your system, which is worse for other components.

cold air pulled from bottom and front, hot air pumped out through rear and top

bjorn_cpu_overclocker

Commendable
Dec 9, 2016

what would be better than?

in the top rear?
in the top front?
in the rear?

bjorn_cpu_overclocker

Commendable
Dec 9, 2016

i know my case can fit an h100i but i just have a small 120mm rad.

and thanks for the help! i hope my pc is getting mutch colder:D

bjorn_cpu_overclocker

Commendable
Dec 9, 2016

It didnt fit in the rear but it fits in the top rear where it now is and i am getting my fx 8350 4.5ghz at 40-60 degrees Celsius!

bjorn_cpu_overclocker

Commendable
Dec 9, 2016

Yeah but idk the fx8350 has been know for bottlenecking (and also other fx series) but i personally think (i am going to want dual rx 480 corssfire in combination with 2 1080p ultrawide monitors) the rx 480 is jusr the limit for dual ultrawide (2560x1080p)

bailojustin

Distinguished

I personally have never once had my 8350 bottleneck my build, not even close to it with crossfire 280 sapphire dual-x. Its a very good cpu, I notice its very difficult to reach maximum load on it, I truly have never had that issue, It has always performed great IMO. I also have a very stable 4.20ghz overclock on it. I love my 8350

bailojustin

Distinguished

I game 1080p, Multiple games, especially BF1, BF4, both of which are CPU heavy. LoL, Emulators, and web pages/various scripts running simultaneously. Multiple versions of the same games open at the same time while virtualizing another computer and allocating split resources to virtualized.
Edit: Titanfall 1/2, Overwatch, GTA 5, Day Z, Minecraft, Left for dead, Assassins Creed.

bjorn_cpu_overclocker

Commendable
Dec 9, 2016

Maybe the rx 480 will be the first bottleneck then

bailojustin

Distinguished

rx 480 Will be perfect with a 8350/8320. Everything will work extremely well, just make sure you have a decent motherboard. After that you can even look into OC your chipset to get more performance out of your memory and cpu.

bjorn_cpu_overclocker

Commendable
Dec 9, 2016

I have a 970gaming with an Cooler Master seidon 120 v2
4.5ghz at 40/60 degrees (60 max)

TRENDING THREADS