[SOLVED] What will happen if I change the value on capabilities on a processor?

Aug 6, 2019
So I have been tinkering around a bit with my computer. Doing things like changing how many cores are being utilized, things of that nature. If I changed the value of capabilities on a processor will there be a consequence positive or negative?

Solution
There will be consequences.

Depending on what you change and by how much something will happen: Could be positive or negative.

May not immediately show up be it good or bad.

Read the applicable processor User Guides/Manual before doing anything. Change only one thing at a time and in small increments.

Read the motherboard's manual as well before doing anything. Stay within supported specs.

Have some idea of what you are doing, why you are doing it, and what is expected to happen.

Keep notes on what you do so you can go back and "undo" (if possible). Bad consequences....

Be sure all is working well before the next change is made.

Be sure that all data, configuration settings, etc. are backed up and verified to be recoverable.

Ralston18

Titan
There will be consequences.

Depending on what you change and by how much something will happen: Could be positive or negative.

May not immediately show up be it good or bad.

Read the applicable processor User Guides/Manual before doing anything. Change only one thing at a time and in small increments.

Read the motherboard's manual as well before doing anything. Stay within supported specs.

Have some idea of what you are doing, why you are doing it, and what is expected to happen.

Keep notes on what you do so you can go back and "undo" (if possible). Bad consequences....

Be sure all is working well before the next change is made.

Be sure that all data, configuration settings, etc. are backed up and verified to be recoverable.

Solution