[SOLVED] What will happen if i downgrade my memory clock and core clock alot?(-500 mhz)

Solution
if it works then it works.Just try it.The card cant possibly die from heat in 60-72C range its just impossible.You card is fine.
less performance,less power draw,more silence,better temps.
@Adam65 i saw i responded to your Apex legends low fps problem.Try buying a ssd or a hdd with more storage.Infact if u have spare 50$,buy a 1tb/2tb seagate barracuda hard drive,and use ur 240gb ssd only for windows and use it as a boot drive.

Reactions: Adam65

Adam65

Great
Nov 29, 2020
For that issue i fixed it, my 760 mars now works perfectly on the game(i tested all profiles on SLI inspector :( ) But it heats, now i get 75 fps stable on all high, but i want to put the settings to low and have temps of 40-50 degrees(currently its 60-72) But i am worried if i change such clocks too low it will break the card or something else, and yeah i freed up some space on my ssd too but it will get full soon hopefully no performance issues will happen in the future

USAFRet

Titan
For that issue i fixed it, my 760 mars now works perfectly on the game(i tested all profiles on SLI inspector :( ) But it heats, now i get 75 fps stable on all high, but i want to put the settings to low and have temps of 40-50 degrees(currently its 60-72) But i am worried if i change such clocks too low it will break the card or something else, and yeah i freed up some space on my ssd too but it will get full soon hopefully no performance issues will happen in the future

There is absolutely nothing wrong with "60-72".

Adam65

Great
Nov 29, 2020
Yes but because It's old graphics card and already passed the worktime asus promised I'm thinking it will die if i don't use it at cold temperatures

And one more thing i am worried is when i was changing the thermal paste i saw this chip looking like a CPU in the middle of the card (there is 3 chips 2 GPU's and 1 this i dont know what it is) I saw that the color on there changed im thinking its because of heat and one more thing i realised the fans don't give air to that chip im thinking thats why the colors changed

When i touch that chip with my finger it burns and when i touch near the GPU it don't burn that much im thinking the GPU thermal watcher only gives the temperature of the GPU chipsets not that chip

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS