[SOLVED] What will happen if I install a 32 bit gpu in a 64 bit computer?

Smitthers

Prominent
Oct 8, 2020
So, I'm planning to buy a Nvidia GT210 for my computer to partner it with my Core 2 Duo processor soon but due to the budget constraints I have, I'm here to ask if it's ok to put a 32 bit GPU in a 64 bit (Windows 10) computer and if it would have any issues in the long run.

Solution
What hardware you can plug into a computer and use depends only on if drivers are available for it. If there are not drivers available for the OS you plan on running, you can't use the card.

A cursory glance on NVIDIA's driver search tells me that there are drivers for the GT210 available for Windows 10 64-bit
So, I'm planning to buy a Nvidia GT210 for my computer to partner it with my Core 2 Duo processor soon but due to the budget constraints I have, I'm here to ask if it's ok to put a 32 bit GPU in a 64 bit (Windows 10) computer and if it would have any issues in the long run.

As Hotaru stated, you could put an 8 bit or 128 bit card in there. As long as there is a driver for it, it doesn't matter.

Alright, but will it affect any performance when it comes to gaming or other tasks?

It wont really run any faster or slower if thats what you are asking. That card is incredibly old however. Todays cpu's might have faster built in graphics. I'm almost certain of it.

In fact that card is 11 years old and only supports dx 10.1. A dx11 ot dx12 game might not work at all.

Last edited:
Reactions: hotaru.hino