What will happen if I try RAID 0 on (three) identical disks?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

choirbass

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2005
I BUY I BUY.

50 dollar I offer you.
Take it, it good offer.

(best asian voice).

lol, theyre only the 36GB versions anyhow (makes for a good os drive if anything)... im sure newegg still has some, maybe

like, each of the 3 have access times of 7.9ms, and average transfer rates of 58MB/s each... and the other defunct raptor has 8.5ms... average transfer rates of only 46MB/s... so, i can only assume its a dud raptor, because it consistantly performs slower than the others, so yeah... its one im intentionally not using in raid for that reason alone...

choirbass

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2005
sorry, i know theyre not being used right now (which i know does seem like a waste in all honesty), but ill find a use for them eventually... my brothers computer could make use of it more than anything... but he doesnt have any sata ports on his MB right now, still being on socket A actually... so he needs all the help he can get as far as improving his computers performance, in any way possible, lol

gpfear

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2006
If you need 3 drives in RAID 0, although its completely possible in your desktop. You might want to look at a SATA mobile trays in your 5.25" bays if you have the space. I'm getting lazy in my old age so I hate opening my tower. Just my two lincolns.