Question what will happen if you upgrade your motherboard

since both are plugged into you GPU, the mobo shouldn't make a difference.
It is a better motherboard but stability should be an issue - are you overclocking?

hi,
my question is very simple so I have a Gigabyte a320m s2h motherboard and I want to upgrade to b450 motherboard, and I have a problem which is when I plug in my two monitors it works for a bet then the PC goes down, so is this upgrade will solve my problem.

Ryzen 5 1600
Evga 600w BR (7 months old)
a320m s2h
G.SKILL FORTIS (for AMD) 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 2400
sapphire rx 570 4gb dvi ver

You can't overclock the CPU on A320 chipsets. Of course you can overclock the GPU (which you've avoided)... and memory too... but not the CPU.

Even though there are other benefits to one, the main benefit of changing the board you have to a B450 board would be opening up the possibility of overclocking the CPU. The other benefits depend on exactly which B450 you'd be looking at but improving what you do with your GPU and it's multi-monitor support wouldn't be one.

It sounds like a GPU problem, although the PSU could also be at fault if it's not providing stable +12V when the GPU's working harder to provide output to two monitors.

Aug 26, 2019
You can't overclock the CPU on A320 chipsets. Of course you can overclock the GPU (which you've avoided)... and memory too... but not the CPU.

Even though there are other benefits to one, the main benefit of changing the board you have to a B450 board would be opening up the possibility of overclocking the CPU. The other benefits depend on exactly which B450 you'd be looking at but improving what you do with your GPU and it's multi-monitor support wouldn't be one.

It sounds like a GPU problem, although the PSU could also be at fault if it's not providing stable +12V when the GPU's working harder to provide output to two monitors.
so I should try to change the PSU?

so I should try to change the PSU?
Only if you have another on hand to check it with. It's just a guess and parts-swapping on guesses is expensive if you have to buy to do it.

Another thing you could do is use a good monitoring utility, like HWInfo64, and monitor the +12V line on a graph to see how steady it is as you run applications with one and two monitors connected. Not that that tells the whole story as there's a lot more to it than just the voltage, but it's better than nothing and cheap to do.