[SOLVED] What windows 10 update version is the best (performance and gaming)

siriusmd99

Reputable
Jul 17, 2018
So first time i started to use windows 10 i had aniversary update (1067 version). After that it upgraded automaticaly to creators update. After the update I noticed lags and slower system boot , also ram usage of the applications increased 2x times.
So I was very upset and installed back aniversary update and disabled auto update.
(IT WAS NOT CLEAN INSTALL , MAYBE THAT WAS THE PROBLEM, IDK)

However, I don't have good experience neither with 1067 because some games (csgo) go black screen for 15 seconds (if not more) when tab switching game. But i can't fix these bug because the option Focus Assist was added with Creators Update and disabling Quiet Hours dont fix the problem.Also I have video playback problems with some browsers.

I am aware that this version is starting to go incompatible with new drivers by the time passes and getting buggy. So I think to upgrade to last version 1809, but I am aware that it will lag, low fps or start to use more RAM.

Other people say on forums that the latest version is better regarding performance and gaming experience, saying that they noticed about 10-12% fps increase.

So what do you think ? I have to stay with anniversay, or upgrade to the last version? Or maybe use different version . Which one is better regarding gaming experience and performance?

P.S. I like to play eSports games like CS:GO and fps decreases when I see enemies (i think entities processing problems), and I get very mad . FPS is constant when looking at world brushes, as soon as I face entities in games, fps drops for short time or sometimes for a long time.

siriusmd99

Reputable
Jul 17, 2018

You have First release or second? I saw many reviews regarding file being deleted on upgrade so they made second release which is same 1809 but they fixed some things.