Question What wireless PCIe card will fit?

Jun 6, 2019
I have an USFF desktop, a Fujitsu C720. The motherboard is Fujitsu's own D3224. I can't use wired ethernet and I would rather keep my USB ports free, so I'd like to use the (single available) PCIe 3 x16 port and install a wireless card. I have only about 70mm clearance from the top of the port on the MB to the top of the case. Do I need a low-profile card, a half-height card, or a card which adapts a mini-PCIe wireless card?
I don't need the fastest data rate but something which could handle streaming video would be nice.
I would be grateful for any help as I haven't done this kind of upgrade before.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
The cards aren't but mebe 15mm or so tall at best. So profile won't be an issue there. What might be an issue is width. There's 3 types of those cards, standard width, slim and ones that have back plates for either, but it's all the same card.
Wireless Network Adapter: Asus - PCE-AC51 PCIe x1 802.11a/b/g/n/ac Wi-Fi Adapter ($29.65 @ Amazon)

Comes with slim backplate, 2 screws and easy swap if need be. Will mount to any pcie slot, x1 to x16.

Jun 6, 2019
Thanks for the help! I worded my question badly when I wrote "to the top of the case", because I hadn't explained that the computer looks something like a half-width 2U rackmount, rather than a tower. The clearance of around 70mm is how much space there is for the card edge-to-edge excluding the pins. The blanking plate where the card bracket would go is oriented vertically and is 80mm long, which is the longest it could be in my case.

TRENDING THREADS