Question What would be a fair price to sell my pc?

Kvahuest01

Commendable
Aug 20, 2020
I don't really use my pc that much anymore, only time I do is to watch films and play the odd game, and I don't even enjoy the ones I do play.

What I got-
CPU - 8600K
Motherboard - Asrock Z370 Extreame4
Cooler - Corsair H110i
RAM - Corsair cmr16gx4m2c3000c15 2x8gb
GPU - Gigabyte RTX 2080 Windforce
PSU - Corsair RM650x 650w 80+ Gold Certified
Case - Corsair Crystal 460x
Case fans - 3x Be Quiet! Silent Wings 2 (replaced the original case fans)
Storage - 500gb Samsung 970 Evo Plus , WD Black SN750 1tb.

Ill end up selling my mouse and keyboard separately since the keyboard is custom.

I don't really use my pc that much anymore, only time I do is to watch films and play the odd game, and I don't even enjoy the ones I do play.

Ill end up selling my mouse and keyboard separately since the keyboard is custom.

I am sorry to hear that there are no games left that you feel are any good when playing. What is the exact keyboard? As for the rest of the system you may be able to sell the entire PC together for around ~500. If you parted it out and were able to sell everything individually, maybe ~650.

Kvahuest01

Commendable
Aug 20, 2020
I am sorry to hear that there are no games left that you feel are any good when playing. What is the exact keyboard? As for the rest of the system you may be able to sell the entire PC together for around ~500. If you parted it out and were able to sell everything individually, maybe ~650.
ahh was hoping it would be more in the 700 range, planning to keep my monitor so i can get a xbox or playstation to use that for films/music.

The keyboard is a tofu60 with lavender switches, pc plate with drop x redsuns gmk red samurai key caps.

USAFRet

Titan
ahh was hoping it would be more in the 700 range, planning to keep my monitor so i can get a xbox or playstation to use that for films/music.

The keyboard is a tofu60 with lavender switches, pc plate with drop x redsuns gmk red samurai key caps.
An that whole PC sale can only really be done locally.
Try to ship it, and shipping costs will eat you up.

That is a nice keyboard, not my preferred layout, but nice nonetheless. Just got my Keychron Q1 Pro with a PC plate, keychron K Pro Banana switches, and the Drop + T0MB3RY SA carbon keycaps with the carbonski Alphas.

Kvahuest01

Commendable
Aug 20, 2020
That is a nice keyboard, not my preferred layout, but nice nonetheless. Just got my Keychron Q1 Pro with a PC plate, keychron K Pro Banana switches, and the Drop + T0MB3RY SA carbon keycaps with the carbonski Alphas.
I've had it for a while now, just got to figure out what I could price it at, know a fair few people don't like the tofu60.

I do really like the look of the keycrhon's, they pretty pricey though.

Reactions: helper800

sonofjesse

Distinguished
I think you could sell it for 500 on FB markertplace if you tried for a while.

Very hard to sell old PC's with no warranty.

Best way is to sell to a friend, you help them, they help you.

Better off selling to a friend 400 tomorrow then waiting 6 months to try sell it for 500. You could got 700 if you had sold it while the video cards were hott.

D

Deleted member 2838871

I built a new PC a couple weeks ago and parted out my old CPU, ram, GPU, PSU and AIO on eBay. I ended up getting about $1250 for all of it and then had to pay eBay fees.

I moved my m.2 SSDs from the old build to the new build and my optical disc drive as well.

My prior case (Meshify S2) and motherboard (MSI Z490 Unify) as well as my prior keyboard and mouse went into the dumpster. IMO these items are just too difficult to sell. If you look on eBay you see people selling used cases for close to retail prices and with huge shipping costs. Why would anyone not buy a new one?

Last edited by a moderator: