[SOLVED] What would be a good replacement mobo?

Jul 22, 2019
https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/omen-by-hp-870-200/13687063/model/17648887?sku=Z5N88AA

That is the pc I have bought a little while ago. Only change is that I have put in a 750w psu instead of the 500w one they had in there.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/omen-by-hp-870-200/13687063/model/17648887/document/c05355651

That is the link of what the mobo is.

I am wanting to take these parts out of this pc and put them in a new case the only issue being that they actually have riveted the mobo to the case. So instead of trying to drill that out and possibly ruining everything in there I'd rather just buy a new mobo. I am not very well versed in what would be an equivalent/better replacement. So please help :).

Side question. Since I am doing some replacements anyway is a 750w corsair strong enough to run the graphics card and everything else I have? Everything I have looked up points to needing a bit more when I push the graphics card to its higher limits.

Thanks everyone!

It is most unlikely that HP would actually rivet the motherboard to the case.
Can you show a photo?

It looks to be a standard H170 chipset motherboard in a M-ATX size.
Since it is an older gen part, you may have a problem finding a new one.

A new case will have independent front panel leads, so compatibility will not be an issue.
If you can reuse the motherboard, it may take a bit of trial and error to find the proper pins.
No harm will come with incorrect experimenting.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mikenike33224
Jul 22, 2019
It is most unlikely that HP would actually rivet the motherboard to the case.
Can you show a photo?

It looks to be a standard H170 chipset motherboard in a M-ATX size.
Since it is an older gen part, you may have a problem finding a new one.

A new case will have independent front panel leads, so compatibility will not be an issue.
If you can reuse the motherboard, it may take a bit of trial and error to find the proper pins.
No harm will come with incorrect experimenting.
After doing some further research you are correct and they didnt actually do what I said. I was just being dumb with my inexperience. Thanks

TRENDING THREADS