What would be the best GPU for the Intel Celeron N3350?

chibamarco

Reputable
Nov 9, 2017
Hi,I know that this question might be dumb,but here it is.

I have a laptop with the Intel Celeron N3350 CPU,with Intel HD 500,and 8 gigs of RAM,clocked at 1866 MHz.

I would like to build an eGPU for my laptop,and without needing an external monitor,what would be the best GPU for this proccesor?

Thanks in advance.

:clin:

Solution
Well honestly, I'm not sure you'd get much out of that processor gaming-wise... it's definitely not meant for anything close to gaming performance. You'd have a pretty severe CPU bottleneck going down to even a GTX1050, I'd say maybe a GT 1030 for older games would be appropriate, but then the price for an external GPU enclosure probably doesn't make sense.

Have you thought about cloud-based gaming from a service like Paperspace? Unless you're wanting to play a game that's 7+ years old, you'd likely need a different computer.

falconpunch3D

Commendable
Feb 27, 2016
Well honestly, I'm not sure you'd get much out of that processor gaming-wise... it's definitely not meant for anything close to gaming performance. You'd have a pretty severe CPU bottleneck going down to even a GTX1050, I'd say maybe a GT 1030 for older games would be appropriate, but then the price for an external GPU enclosure probably doesn't make sense.

Have you thought about cloud-based gaming from a service like Paperspace? Unless you're wanting to play a game that's 7+ years old, you'd likely need a different computer.

Solution

Well that cpu is meant for basic tasks not gaming. Spending big money on an egpu extension is wasting money in general and especially with that thing it's not worth it at all.