[SOLVED] What would be the best way to cool my pc as it can reach temp of 100+?

sunman333

Honorable
Oct 11, 2017
My build is:
Ryzen 5 3600
MSI x570 edge wifi
PNY 16gb ddr4
Saphire RX 580
Crucial MX 500 ssd
Deep Cool Gammax 400
EVGA 700 w psu

I installed core temp and at one point playing Far Cry 5 it got 102 C. My case is an older Cooler Master elite. I am looking at a Zalman Z7 Neo case due to better air flow and more fans for 90.00 but would it be better to get a CPU water cooler for this case instead? I trying to keep the budget low but also would like to know what the pros think. I appreciate any assistance.

sunman333

Honorable
Oct 11, 2017
I have only selected game boost and A-XMP that the bios offers. Which I am assuming would not be the issue. This fan said on Amazon ad am4 compatible but on the box said am3+ compatible. I figured if it installed it would work but it seems to put alot of pressure on the cpu I mean the clamp on the fan is super tight when snapping it to the board. After this comment I think I will return it and get a better fan. Which one do you recommend? Thanks for the quick reply.

If your cpu temperature is much over 10-15c. above ambient at idle:
a) your cooler is not installed well
-not tightened down evenly
-too much or insufficient paste.
b) the cooler fan is not spinning
c) You left the mylar protective film on the cooler
d) You have inadequate fresh air being delivered to the cooler.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Your issue is with MSI Dragon Center and game boost. It's really misleading as it's not a game booster, but a software based utility that software overclocks the cpu, but to do so has to jack up voltages and current, and consequently heat.

Honestly, just allowing a Ryzen to moderate its own boosts within amd temp ranges is far healthier for the cpu in the long run, you can live without the extra 5 fps ±

Reactions: Phaaze88