Question What would be the best wireless solution to connect two buildings 300 feet apart!

Mar 31, 2019
I am living in an RV Park and want to share use of my plex media server with my parents who live in the same park. Their unit is 300 feet away and there are units in between us. Running Ethernet would be ideal and I’d like to but rules don’t allow it since we aren’t in adjoining lots. However, antennas are allowed but they can only be up to 20 feet high. I have been looking around and a line of site wireless bridge seems like a nice option however even from the roof of the talller of the two RVs I can not see the shorter of the two. Though rvs are only around 12-14 feet tall so I’d have an extra 6 feet or more to go in high on the shorter of the two to see if I can get a line of site between the two. That being said I found Ubiquiti and could do a line of site from the two for less than $200 though for 300 feet I thought there might be something less of an overkill for less $, and maybe something omnidirectional that won’t require me to hold my tongue just right in order to find the perfect spot height and location and such...thanks in advance for any suggestion

The ubiquiti devices are the easiest and simplest solution. What is kinda strange is they tend to be the most popular brand to do stuff like this but are about the same price as other vendor. You can look at engenius they carry a lot but you can get stuff like this from linksys and other similar manufactures.

Not sure what units you were looking at to get that high a price unless you were including the price of the mounting etc. They kinda hide their older products even though they still make them. You should be able to get nanostation loco m2 for under $50 each.

The ubiquti units are easy to align they have led strength meters on each. What you have is trivial think about someone trying to go a couple miles on the top of a tower trying to align these when you can't even see the other unit without binoculars.

I am living in an RV Park and want to share use of my plex media server with my parents who live in the same park. Their unit is 300 feet away and there are units in between us. Running Ethernet would be ideal and I’d like to but rules don’t allow it since we aren’t in adjoining lots. However, antennas are allowed but they can only be up to 20 feet high. I have been looking around and a line of site wireless bridge seems like a nice option however even from the roof of the talller of the two RVs I can not see the shorter of the two. Though rvs are only around 12-14 feet tall so I’d have an extra 6 feet or more to go in high on the shorter of the two to see if I can get a line of site between the two. That being said I found Ubiquiti and could do a line of site from the two for less than $200 though for 300 feet I thought there might be something less of an overkill for less $, and maybe something omnidirectional that won’t require me to hold my tongue just right in order to find the perfect spot height and location and such...thanks in advance for any suggestion
Take a standard antenna and put a toilet roll around it wrapped in aluminum foil. Viola, directed antenna. Point it at your parent's antenna and run it at one of the 2.4GHz bands. While it's not a true parabolic, it does work.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_E-4q6q1HmA