Question What would be the biggest upgrades I could make to my PC?

TheOC

Honorable
Jun 1, 2013
In terms of general performance, but with an eye on gaming (just got an Xbox game pass for PC so wanna make the most of it on GOW5 etc) which things should I be prioritizing? Which parts are holding me back the most? What would be the biggest upgrades I could make? It's been a long while since I built this PC (2013), & the recent failure of my old SSD has given me good motivation to replace parts before they fail too! Any mid price range suggestions for the parts I should buy would be great too, thanks.

i5-4670k CPU
Crucial 1TB MX500 SSD
8GB Crucial Ballistix RAM
Gigabyte z87-d3hp motherboard
Gigabyte Radeon HD 7970 OC 3GB GPU
Coolermaster GX 650W Bronze PSU

Last edited:

TheOC

Honorable
Jun 1, 2013
What games and at what resolutions?
Ideally I'd like to be playing all the latest games maxed out, I don't want to have to change it for a long time as I planned on tinkering a lot but have barely touched my current rig, so now I know I won't. & I feel like it would be wasted money if my machine was still struggling on certain games. That said, I would like it to be upgradeable when the time comes. For example, I don't know if crossfire is still a thing, but I could add another GPU when the one I upgrade with comes down in price. I used to know an ok amount 6 years ago when I built my current rig but I'm clueles these days, forgot most of what I used to know so any help would be appreciated!