Question What would happen if i apply two different GPU in my motherboard?

FoxInFlames

Prominent
Jan 3, 2022
Random question, really

I have a 3080Ti and a (very) old Radeon HD 6450, since the 6450 is a low profile card (and tiny), can i plug it into my second PCIe slot and use it for powering another monitor for icons and such? I don't think it would be very performance saving for the 3080Ti but the 6450 is just lying around and i might as well use it.

The 3080Ti is vertically mounted so the temperature wouldn't be hindered by another GPU horizontally mounted, i guess. I also have an 850W PSU so i don't think I'll have any power issues (the CPU is an i7 12700F by the way).

Random question, really

I have a 3080Ti and a (very) old Radeon HD 6450, since the 6450 is a low profile card (and tiny), can i plug it into my second PCIe slot and use it for powering another monitor for icons and such? I don't think it would be very performance saving for the 3080Ti but the 6450 is just lying around and i might as well use it.

The 3080Ti is vertically mounted so the temperature wouldn't be hindered by another GPU horizontally mounted, i guess. I also have an 850W PSU so i don't think I'll have any power issues (the CPU is an i7 12700F by the way).
Depending on your MB, first and second PCIe x16 pot may be sharing PCIe lines so each one would use only x8 PCIe lanes and cut down on performance of 3080Ti.
What do you think you would gain by using such old GPU. even if it works ?

FoxInFlames

Prominent
Jan 3, 2022
Depending on your MB, first and second PCIe x16 pot may be sharing PCIe lines so each one would use only x8 PCIe lanes and cut down on performance of 3080Ti.
What do you think you would gain by using such old GPU. even if it works ?
I'm probably not gaining anything, i was just wondering if it would work, of course it won't affect the 3080Ti either ways but i was curious.
Just connect your second monitor to any free video output on 3080Ti.
I'm doing just that, but i was curious as to what will happen if i used the other one as well

FoxInFlames

Prominent
Jan 3, 2022
It also happens that i have an old monitor that's under repair at the moment, with a dvi and RGB port and a great sRGB value which i want to use, since the 3080Ti doesnt have a DVI port, but the 6450 has them, therefore the question

It also happens that i have an old monitor that's under repair at the moment, with a dvi and RGB port and a great sRGB value which i want to use, since the 3080Ti doesnt have a DVI port
You can use HDMI to DVI cable/adapter for that.

711lDrVDlpL.__AC_SY300_SX300_QL70_FMwebp_.jpg