[SOLVED] What would happen if I put the parts together but don't run it?

momowicket

Honorable
Sep 19, 2018
I have a feeling what the answer would be, but I just want to double check on what would happen. At the moment I have all the parts aside from case and I'll probably just wait till it arrives but my question is - What would happen? - would nothing happen? Because no electricity is running or would carpet affect the parts if it was on carpet (I understand it probably wouldn't unless it got inside the parts). Would it be okay to chuck the CPU and RAM in the motherboard and leave it for day? Or not bother? Just wondering.

USAFRet

Titan
Makes sense, stepping on things is a real problem in todays society.
It happens.

I have a feeling what the answer would be, but I just want to double check on what would happen. At the moment I have all the parts aside from case and I'll probably just wait till it arrives but my question is - What would happen? - would nothing happen? Because no electricity is running or would carpet affect the parts if it was on carpet (I understand it probably wouldn't unless it got inside the parts). Would it be okay to chuck the CPU and RAM in the motherboard and leave it for day? Or not bother? Just wondering.

There is no difference in the parts sitting in a box and sitting in a motherboard. But if you are worried at all about it, why even open the parts till the case shows up? Nothing will change either way.