[SOLVED] What would happen if I re-download my computer?

Solution
If you are talking about formatting your drive and re-installing your operating system (i assume its windows in your case) you will lose all the files you didnt back up or put on a seperate drive or partition. I wouldnt reinstall windows unless i had a serious issue (for example a virus or the system running really slow). I hope that helps!

That would be my guess too, many people think installing = downloading, it can make answering questions interesting :)

At opening poster - If you curious how to do it, look here - : https://forums.tomshardware.com/faq/how-to-do-a-clean-installation-of-windows-10.3170366/ but do be aware you can lose all your files as mentioned above.

The way win 10 works is you already getting a new...

dimitris79gr

Honorable
May 8, 2016
If you are talking about formatting your drive and re-installing your operating system (i assume its windows in your case) you will lose all the files you didnt back up or put on a seperate drive or partition. I wouldnt reinstall windows unless i had a serious issue (for example a virus or the system running really slow). I hope that helps!

Reactions: Colif

Colif

Win 11 Master

That would be my guess too, many people think installing = downloading, it can make answering questions interesting :)

At opening poster - If you curious how to do it, look here - : https://forums.tomshardware.com/faq/how-to-do-a-clean-installation-of-windows-10.3170366/ but do be aware you can lose all your files as mentioned above.

The way win 10 works is you already getting a new install every 6 months when Version updates are released, so reinstalling win 10 isn't really as essential as it used to be. Unless you have a problem, as stated already :)

Reactions: dimitris79gr
Solution