What would happen if Iran did get the bomb?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

riser

Illustrious
There is truth to your statement monkeyboy. But as you know, I'm all for domestic drilling and oil exploration, etc. The "Right" is for this movement. Yet, the left is against it.

Consider this. Why is it easier for the US to go to war and sacrifice lives for 'oil' (as some suggest) than it is to drill in our own backyard?

riser

Illustrious
Use everyone else's is fine.. until they come knocking on our door with a stick. :)

As for your comment about the roaring twenties.. Good times.. except it was due to the invention of Credit. Prior to that no one had credit or carried large debt. Credit allowed people to have major debt, which utlimately resulted in triggering the Great Depression. Hence the concern today about America's debt growing too great. Back then, it was the American people who had the debt. Today, it is the government.

riser

Illustrious
GE is well aware of the fundamental flaw in their Nuclear Power plant design. At this time it isn't in their interest to make nuclear energy safe since they are heavily pushing green techs, especially around turbines.

That being said, putting your generators right next to the ocean, next to the power plant, probably wasn't the best idea. I would have to think that after the major tsunami, people would have thought about preparing for events like that.

riser

Illustrious
We don't care about your point of view on nukes. We're talking Skyrim now. Get with it.

Skyrim was good. I got bored with it though since many of the quests were back to relaying messages. I figured out how to very, very quickly get the dragonbone armor. It took maybe 30 minutes to go from low level to the best.

I'm still stuck on how to really use my perks though. I'm a huge fan of blocking.. I like that one. The dual wield stuff, blah. I haven't played in a couple o months.

Yes I agree with you up to a point ... but ... Iran has repeatedly asserted that they will wipe the Israelis off the map.

Therefore their regime is considered by the Western World to be exremist.

We won't allow them to have weapons of mass destruction as they cannot prove they will behave rationally.

I have no fear of the English, French, Americans, Russians, Chinese and Indians ... but the North Koreans, Pakistanis (due to their worrying political instability not the people) and Iranians scare the bajeezus out of me.

:)

riser

Illustrious
I used the leather trick. I didn't do any online searching for tricks.. still haven't. Basically leather is very easy to come by and fairly light, so I loaded up on it and just made a bunch of leather helms or something. I can't remember but it was like 1 piece of leather and 2 leather strips to make it.

Lydia died. :( I keep her dead body on the bed in the second room of the first house. :) She's only in her skivvies too. I took the armor and stuff off to keep/sell.

I stick to swords. They're quicker and with the combo of using the shield and sword, I can do quick damage and it really screws with spellcasters. Seems everyone goes for the higher damage but slow weapons. Using the shield bash and charge, you easily can defeat anything without taking much damage. Though, some spellcasters can get really annoying from a distance.

Everything I have is legendary too. I've been working on enchanting stuff but that's kind of annoying at how weak stuff starts off.

Making potions.. blah. I only find the paralzying ones good and some poisons, but I haven't figured out how to make good ones yet. Again, no searching the internets for help at all.

I killed a bunch of dragons.. 30+ I think? I shot one down with arrows and he crashed into the ground and left a huge skidmark across the ground. It changed the landscape. I was really surprised by that and wasn't sure if that was designed into the game to do that, or if it was a random thing that could happen. I went back later on and the bones are still there and the changed landscape.

Reynod:
You can only be as civil as the least civilized. When a group of people are not afraid to die, in fact openly embrace human sacrifice/suicide, the civil become very endangered.

riser

Illustrious
haha nice. The mods are finally out then.

I've eaten everything including giant toes. haha I have a ton of ingrediants but I'm too lazy to sit there combining stuff making a list of multiple weak potions. I don't really need them either.

I think I still have daedric swords. But when you sharpen them to legendary they do like 100 damage. If you take the swings against the slower weapons I think you can do more DPS.