what would happen if moisture got into a surge protector?

spyguy

Honorable
Dec 3, 2017
Pest control came to my apartment while I was gone today. They spray this long jet stream of poison all along the baseboards. Im hoping they had the intelligence not to spray that crap by my pc but it wouldn't have penetrated the case. I am concerned however that the jet stream of poison would get into the surge protector. If it did will it fry all my stuff?

Solution
Doubtful, there should be sufficient gap between the hot, ground and neutral lines to prevent a short circuit. Unless its full of liquid not some spattering.

If there was a short circuit it would trigger the protection mechanisms of the surge protector if it is a good one and/or pop your circuit breaker.

If there was a problem. It would have already happened.
Doubtful, there should be sufficient gap between the hot, ground and neutral lines to prevent a short circuit. Unless its full of liquid not some spattering.

If there was a short circuit it would trigger the protection mechanisms of the surge protector if it is a good one and/or pop your circuit breaker.

If there was a problem. It would have already happened.

Solution

Belkin are pretty good.

Have you thought about mounting it? You could always mount it to your desk. They usually have screw holes for that purpose on the back of surge protectors. It gets it off the floor. You can also get cable management clips to stick on the underside and rear of your desk. To get all the cables off your floor. Makes for a very nice and clean looking setup when all your cables are hidden.