[SOLVED] What would i need to battery power a 400w system?

Jan 29, 2019
i would like to run a desktop off a battery and make it somewhat slim and portable, but the main issue is power. I have heard of the HD Plex and would use but i don't know much when it comes to batteries any recommendation?

Solution

First, those aren't 400W laptops. Second, the laptops with straight-up 1080s tend to be extremely bulky. Third, the slim laptops with 1080s are typically using Max-Q versions. Fourth, they're usually using sub-50W CPUs. Fifth, they tend to run hot and have shorter lifespans.
Jan 29, 2019
ok well umm it won't be exactly 400w but it was just room for powerful hardware possibly in the future, it's more like 300w. How do laptops with gtx 1080's stay so slim then.

They perform differently and they run warmer because the shroud, fan(s) and heatsink aren't there. The GPU inside is a graphics card is actually quite small.

Ahttps://m.windowscentral.com/what-difference-between-laptop-and-desktop-gpu

DSzymborski

Titan

First, those aren't 400W laptops. Second, the laptops with straight-up 1080s tend to be extremely bulky. Third, the slim laptops with 1080s are typically using Max-Q versions. Fourth, they're usually using sub-50W CPUs. Fifth, they tend to run hot and have shorter lifespans.

Solution

kanewolf

Titan

Most laptops don't have desktop 1080s they have 1060m for mobile GPUs. They are clocked lower, have less RAM, and other power saving features. For laptops that DO have more desktop like graphics, they may only work when plugged into mains power.

Jan 29, 2019

Lol , if i only i could find a small UPS that would work