[SOLVED] What would need to be upgraded, and to what?

Gamingserious5

Honorable
BANNED
Feb 13, 2019
Recently decided that i would be trying to get into streaming/content creation. I will be getting a Ryzen 5 1600 with b450 mobo so plan on overclocking. I know that this CPU is good enough for what I want to do as I have done a lot of research and found it to be capable and within my budget. Now I just need to figure out what GPU to get with the system, planning on playing and recording mostly Apex Legends and maybe some CSGO. I do also have 16gb RAM if it makes a difference.

Any help would be appreciated, willing to answer any questions that you may have

Solution
Yea, any card with the Turing NVENC encoder would be a good idea. The 1660s is definitely a good pairing, for that CPU. I would recommend a bit of an overclock though. B450 can handle it. I just changed the cpu multiplier to 36, or set clock speed to 3600, to match the 1600x. It depends on the board's bios settings which way you have to do it. I have done a few 1600 AE and a 1600AF builds, and no issues with any of them, doing this method.

logainofhades

Titan
Yea, any card with the Turing NVENC encoder would be a good idea. The 1660s is definitely a good pairing, for that CPU. I would recommend a bit of an overclock though. B450 can handle it. I just changed the cpu multiplier to 36, or set clock speed to 3600, to match the 1600x. It depends on the board's bios settings which way you have to do it. I have done a few 1600 AE and a 1600AF builds, and no issues with any of them, doing this method.

Solution