What would you add to this..

Nice1ne

Commendable
Apr 24, 2016
Im hungry to buy some new parts, the system itself is perfect for what i need...runs games like a dream..and runs cool and quiet

what would you add to this build ? for performance and looks...

the new RGB corsair fans ..and maybe RAM upgrade...

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/b8nnTW

Solution
Thing is Isokolon, all high-end panels especially the 1440p@144Hz ones released this and last year are buried for poor build quality. A lot of Acer and Asus panels seem to arrive with dead pixels or heavy backlight bleed. As far as I know, and I've check overclock.net a few times for it, is that the Dell S2716G is actually decent and above the Asus and Acer 1440p@144Hz TN panels.

There are similar reports for the S2716G, but several reviewers have reported to be very happy with the monitor once they got a proper replacement in and have calibrated the colors.

Nice1ne

Commendable
Apr 24, 2016

ive got a fan controller in, its NZXT Sentry Mix 2 Fan Controller ...basic but does exactly what i need....i never get dust inside..so the pressure is bang on..i run the front 3 at full when gaming...exhaust on top on half and back on half...creates a nice positive pressure..

the HUE looks bang on mate, deffo wanting more lighting....thinking of swapping the ram for some new corsair LED ones...in red...

- the PSU is low grade. I'd keep some money in the bank in case it fails down the line. especially since with a 6700k and a cryorig R1 you'll be overclocking heavily. look for an EVGA SUpernova G2 or GS, a Corsair RMx/RMi, a Seasonic G or X or a XFX XTR
- the fans selected are pretty awful, go for the new Corsair ML, AFs are just a waste of money. weak, loud, cheap. or switch to Phanteks all thogether

but it's a solid build, not much to change here.
maybe switch to a better monitor + a 1080Ti down the line when it's released

Corsair fan boys mostly.

Most people also say the Corsair CX series are decent PSUs.

but comparing the specs of a Corsair AF140 with the specs of a Noctua-A14 or Phanteks PH-F140SP it's just widely outperformed in terms of noise and air pushed.
as for old tech, they do use a rifle bearing if I'm not mistaken.

there are many things Corsair is really good at, but imo fans aren't one of them.
unless you live next to an airport and noise is not a factor to you.

the Corsairs just look really good.
and are solid quality
they just lack airflow and acceptable noise levels

RCFProd

Expert
Ambassador

That's something based on preference though. There is no GPU on the market that is overkill for 1080p@144Hz, I don't see it as a non-complimentary GPU for it.

Nice1ne

Commendable
Apr 24, 2016

sorry mate for some reason i picked wrong PSU on partpicker when choosing it...i do have the G2 supernova 650w...

to be honest..this graphics card for £379.99 brand new has been a steal....i dont plan on upgrading it until its needed...which it wont be for a while running at 1080

i am looking at a better monitor...the predator is the one i want but its takin the leap to spend that cash

Nice1ne

Commendable
Apr 24, 2016

these anygood ?

Asus MG278Q 27" 144Hz Quad HD FreeSync Gaming Monitor

RCFProd

Expert
Ambassador
Freesync only works with AMD. Need Nvidia GPU for G-Sync compability.

1440p@165Hz G-sync

Monitor: Dell S2417DG 23.8" 165Hz Monitor ($420.33 @ Amazon)
Total: $420.33
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-11-17 04:42 EST-0500

1440p@144Hz G-Sync

Monitor: Dell S2716DG 27.0" 144Hz Monitor ($588.79 @ Amazon)
Total: $588.79
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-11-17 04:42 EST-0500

read several bad reviews about te S2416DG though
if you'd want a 24'', I'd go with Acer Predator XB241YU or AOC G241QG

RCFProd

Expert
Ambassador
Thing is Isokolon, all high-end panels especially the 1440p@144Hz ones released this and last year are buried for poor build quality. A lot of Acer and Asus panels seem to arrive with dead pixels or heavy backlight bleed. As far as I know, and I've check overclock.net a few times for it, is that the Dell S2716G is actually decent and above the Asus and Acer 1440p@144Hz TN panels.

There are similar reports for the S2716G, but several reviewers have reported to be very happy with the monitor once they got a proper replacement in and have calibrated the colors.

Solution
I was only talking about the S24.
the S27 appears to be great! but from what I've read while Asus and Acer struggle with quality control the S24 seems to struggle with heavy pixel inversion, some input lag in general and Dell customer support allegedly is a nightmare to deal with.

Might be nothing worse than the others, but from looking at different monitors (as I'm currently exploring the possibility of buying a 1440p, 24'' G-Sync screen) the Dell S24 seems to harvest more complaints than the others.
Might also be just a result of people expecting better of Dell due to their history of high grade monitors. idk.