• Now's your chance win big! Join our community and get entered to win a RTX 2060 GPU, plus more! Join here.

Pi Cast Episode 3 streams live on Tuesday, August 4th at 2:30 pm ET (7:30 PM BST). Watch live right here!

Catch Scharon on the Tom's Hardware Show live on Thursday, August 6th at 2:00 pm ET (7:00 PM BST). Click here!

[SOLVED] What would you do with a pair of 2400 MHz RAM?

You would:

• sell them. Buy new faster memories.

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • use them in a new Ryzen build.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • leave them in the Kabylake build.

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • do something else.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

mkaafy

Proper
Jan 14, 2020
So, to keep it short, I have a pair of Corsair Vengeance LPX 2400 MHz 16 gigabytes (32 gigabytes in total) memories in a Kabylake build that I have been using.

What's the best thing to do?
Would you reuse it in a new Ryzen build?
Or sell it, probably?
Or just leave it in this build and buy a new pair of, say, 3400 MHz memories?

Respect

Last edited:

boju

Polypheme
Ambassador
I think leave it and repurpose the Intel system. Maybe use it for a lan machine with friends.

Lpx isn't ideal for Ryzen and have often seen compatibility issues. You're better off getting a set of Gskill Tridents and 3600 CL 16 going forward if were to go Ryzen 3rd gen.

Reactions: mkaafy

boju

Polypheme
Ambassador
I think leave it and repurpose the Intel system. Maybe use it for a lan machine with friends.

Lpx isn't ideal for Ryzen and have often seen compatibility issues. You're better off getting a set of Gskill Tridents and 3600 CL 16 going forward if were to go Ryzen 3rd gen.

Reactions: mkaafy

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS