What would YOU do?

Sparrow420

Honorable
May 5, 2013
Funny story. Last night at about 1am i was getting ready for bed, i flipped my pc off like normal walked outside and smoked a cigarette, walked back in and remembered i needed to do something and turned my pc back on. The display wouldn't come on. So i started playing with the cords thinking something came loose, no luck. So then i started thinking my monitor went out (again) because HP is notorious for their monitors crapping out. So i connect my spare monitor, still no display, i change monitor cords switching between all of my display ports on both monitors, still nothing.

At this point i realized it was my graphics card (i run a Radeon HD 7770), so i pull it out and hook up my 10 year old spare. The display popped right on. So i got on to newegg and ordered a new card (which hurt because my budget is more than tight right now) I managed to pick up a Sapphire R7 260x for $120 + Shipping as a nice replacement. By this time it is almost 4am, so i hop in bed. Well i wake up this morning and try my 7770 one more time. I plug it in and the display fires right up (WTF?!).

So i am left with a dilemma, i cant cancel the order on newegg because they already shipped it out. I can send the card back at a whopping $18 restocking fee + the cost of shipping it back to them, which is going to be around $30 total i would be out, or i can claim the $20 rebate on the card and keep it since it is a (minor) upgrade, and sell my old card.

Sparrow420

Honorable
May 5, 2013

I have a Corsair TX-750, not too worried about my PSU.

Sparrow420

Honorable
May 5, 2013

I was thinking maybe the card came loose from the slot? Im not sure how that would happen though as i rarely move the tower. The cable was a little tight running through my desk maybe that could have jerked it somehow?