Dustin_Broke

Distinguished
May 24, 2010
Is there a way so I can adjust the scaling on my Intel HD card? I' am using the generic drivers from Intel since it had better performance than the Sony OEM drivers but the Intel drivers is missing the Scaling adjustments. I wanted to have it maintained so any res the screen will display normal.

Or maybe I should this question. What will you guys do it you had this problem? Would you go back to OEM video drivers or will you continue to use the generic drivers and just ignore the game even it's not 100% perfect. I just noticed that when running lower than 1366x768 the image looks sorta skinny since the scaling isn't adjusted right.

Dustin_Broke

Distinguished
May 24, 2010
Well I have higher FPS when using the generic drivers from Intel just the game looks kinda skinny when playing res lower than 1366x768. The colors, pixels and everything else looks the same though.

Dustin_Broke

Distinguished
May 24, 2010
Well all of the Intel HD series are entry level of dedicated grapics card but as you know they are really low end cards. But I can't afford a new notebook that had a better card. That's why I wanted to know what is the better choice out of the two meaning having it display right or having better FPS but games looking sorta skinny. Intel techs told me that all of the Intel HD series like original Intel HD, 2000 and 3000 are entry level cards.

Eatherway I would like to know what you guys think I should do. Like if you were me and stuck with this notebook what would you do like use the OEM drivers or use the generic drivers from Intel.

Dustin_Broke

Distinguished
May 24, 2010
Does this mean that I had to decide myself if I want to keep the generic drivers and just ignore the image or use the OEM drivers and has better image but not as good performance? I was just wondering what you guys would do if you were me. I' am supprised no one is replying back. I' am just asking you guys feedback. I know alot of people are on these forums so I wanted there feedback from everyone.

Thanks

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2011
On the actual topic of your question, I would use Intel's driver. Intel's drivers are more up to date and more suited as they are the native developer. You didn't specifically mention which of Intel's GPU you are using but a couple of months back, Intel launched a new driver for their graphics processing. Have you tried those?

In regards to gaming, I would recommend you avoid running your native resolution (1366x768) unless of course if the game is really old or utterly undemanding. Like jessterman21 said, stick to a (lower)16:9 resolution. It may look off at first but give it a while and you will get used to it, they are essentially the same scale.
I hope this helps. ;)

Dustin_Broke

Distinguished
May 24, 2010
I have the latest drivers 8.15.10.2509 and it doesn't have the scaling feature and I found out that others have this problem too. But I guess you are saying that I should use Intel drivers since it's still better than the OEM drivers that are on esupport website for Sony?

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2011

Yup, I would stick with the Intel drivers, if that is what you are asking.
By the way, I'm not too sure what you mean as to "scaling feature", so I can't really help there. Sorry. :(

Dustin_Broke

Distinguished
May 24, 2010
It's basicly about scaling aspect ratio and on older Intel drivers they had this feature but for somereason the latest version doesn't and some said it might be a glitch. Hopefuly Intel will come with a newer driver and it will have that feature back. It basicly makes any res to display right meaning like having the res on 800x600 on a widescreen will still look normal and not skinny. What I' am trying to say is anything on my games looks sorta skinny like the guns, people etc. I know it's normal that since 800x600 isn't a widescreen res so it will have the sides cut off but still it's suppose to display right and everything is suppose to look normal and not skinny.

It is usually recommended to use the drivers from the laptop manufacturer since they do their optimization, as in this case for the scaling option.
You surly can use the Intel drivers if it gains you a couple of fps but you will have to decide yourself since it is you watching that screen, fps or better visuals!