Build Advice What would you guys recommend?

Gamingserious5

Honorable
BANNED
Feb 13, 2019
So recently I was told that I have some money to spend on my system and I was thinking of putting together a new system and I need help selecting parts. My budget is between 4000 and 5000 south African Rands and I would greatly appreciate the help. This pc will mainly be for schooling and some gaming such as fallout NV, csgo, far cry 3 and maybe 4 and some other games. Thanks in advance.

So, what do you have that you feel can be reused (Please list exact model numbers for any hardware you might plan to re-purpose to the new build) and what exactly are you intending to go all new with?

What is your level of expectation for performance for the areas in which you plan to use this system?

Where can you buy parts from and are you intending to have parts shipped in from outside the country or is there a source for you there in South Africa where you will plan to buy them? If so, it's going to be very difficult to try and figure out what to recommend because we have no idea what might be available through any local shops.

Gamingserious5

Honorable
BANNED
Feb 13, 2019
So, what do you have that you feel can be reused (Please list exact model numbers for any hardware you might plan to re-purpose to the new build) and what exactly are you intending to go all new with?

What is your level of expectation for performance for the areas in which you plan to use this system?

Where can you buy parts from and are you intending to have parts shipped in from outside the country or is there a source for you there in South Africa where you will plan to buy them? If so, it's going to be very difficult to try and figure out what to recommend because we have no idea what might be available through any local shops.
Personally I don't feel any of it can be re-purposed as my system is wayy outdated as I have 775 socket and geforce 210. There are a few suppliers around my area but I don't have many options, so far I have put together an amd a9600 and a b360(I think) mobo with 4gig 2400 ram as a start as I will be upgrading still as I go along. I will put up a list of my components and if it is possible you can recommend things to swap out with something else if possible. Appreciate the help.

Honestly, that's probably a step backwards in terms of CPU capability, unless you have a low end 775 model.

The A series processors are not very capable at all.

I would try to stick, if possible, to picking from models that are either at least 2nd Generation Ryzen 5 or Intel Kaby lake, in some flavor or other.

What are your actual current hardware specifications including CPU model, memory capacity and speed, storage devices, power supply model, etc.?