Question What would you reccomend me to upgrade

CHAKA17

Reputable
Jul 22, 2017
I built my pc 4 years ago and it still works just fine but thoght why not do a little upgrade so what would you reccomend me to upgrade of thees and what would you suggest me to replace it with

cbu : intel i5-7600k

mother board : msi gaming pro carbon z270

video card : 8gb msi geforce gtx 1070

psu : evga supernova 650w

ram : G.Skill - Ripjaws V Series 32GB ddr4

cooler : Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO

storage : Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB and Kingston - SSDNow UV400 240GB

Sounds like you have some money that you are itching to spend.
Do you have a budget?

In what way is your current pc not doing the job?
Yours seems to have a good balance between cpu and gpu.
Have you overclocked your 7600K?

Have you considered going to a larger wide screen monitor?

How about a m.2 pcie ssd?
A 1tb samsung 970 evo + would do it all.

If you need a graphics upgrade, there are many options.
Nobody knows what the nvidia 3000 series will bring and what they will cost.
You can expect the top card to be very expensive and hard to get.
You could consider a EVGA upgrade today. They have a 90 day free trade up option if you need something stronger.
Read the fine print requirements.

Reactions: CHAKA17

punkncat

Champion
Ambassador
Seems like a pretty well balanced system.

IMO, I would go CPU/MOBO/RAM(? )

The GPU you have is still among the more powerful NON ray tracing cards available. If you are gaming 1080 I really can't see a reason to upgrade that aspect yet.

As to the RAM you have, that is a lot and nothing to sneeze at. Might consider newer Intel with more cores/threads and a motherboard and slot that same RAM right back in. If you decided to do AMD you would have to consider speed.

Reactions: CHAKA17

CHAKA17

Reputable
Jul 22, 2017
Sounds like you have some money that you are itching to spend.
Do you have a budget?

In what way is your current pc not doing the job?
Yours seems to have a good balance between cpu and gpu.
Have you overclocked your 7600K?

Have you considered going to a larger wide screen monitor?

How about a m.2 pcie ssd?
A 1tb samsung 970 evo + would do it all.

If you need a graphics upgrade, there are many options.
Nobody knows what the nvidia 3000 series will bring and what they will cost.
You can expect the top card to be very expensive and hard to get.
You could consider a EVGA upgrade today. They have a 90 day free trade up option if you need something stronger.
Read the fine print requirements.
Thanks mate this is really hilpful

CHAKA17

Reputable
Jul 22, 2017
Seems like a pretty well balanced system.

IMO, I would go CPU/MOBO/RAM(? )

The GPU you have is still among the more powerful NON ray tracing cards available. If you are gaming 1080 I really can't see a reason to upgrade that aspect yet.

As to the RAM you have, that is a lot and nothing to sneeze at. Might consider newer Intel with more cores/threads and a motherboard and slot that same RAM right back in. If you decided to do AMD you would have to consider speed.
Thnak you so much, What mobo would you reccomand?

First need to know why you are looking to upgrade? What display are you using? Unless you are using a 1440 resolution screen at 144hz your system is more than good enough to run any game out now at good settings. You may look at upgrading your peripherals that you actually interact with, mouse, keyboard, monitor, audio. A nice set of headphones or speakers, or a keyboard on a system that is already perfectly fine will make more of a difference than going from 120 to 140 fps in some game.

Dean0919

Honorable
Oct 25, 2017
Quite good build, but if you have a spare money to upgrade something, if I were you I would upgrade CPU. New games are already benefiting from more cores.

I have i7 3770k and GTX 1070 and I had 10 fps less than another user with i7 8700k and exactly same GPU in "Shadow of The Tomb Raider".

In "watch_dogs 2" I also couldn't maintain stable 60 fps even on low settings and I was told this game is also benefiting from new, powerful processors. So, I think this era when 4 core processors were enough for games is slowly dying.

RyzenNoob

Reputable
Jul 13, 2020
Depends on your usage

High end games means faster SSD and a better graphics, especially if you want ray tracing, though that really isn’t necessary, for me that is just gimmicky and doesn’t really add to anything