processor - Intel Xeon E5 2620 V3 Processor SR207 2.4Ghz 6 Core
SSD - KingSpec M.2 SSD NVMe PCIe
RAM - Atermiter DDR4 PC4 16GB 2400
Power Supply - Zalman Wattbit 83+ 500 Вт
Graphics - Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 1050Ti WF2 OC 4GB GDDR5

View: https://youtu.be/7w7sd5Qyzy8

Last edited:
Solution
Ahahaha! LGA 2011 - VERSION 3 processors (8 cores) easily desroys newest processors and fully loads Nvidia 3090 - maybe you'll learn something?

Uh.................. what? LGA 2011 is a 7 year old platform, there's no way it is better than the current lineups of CPUs from Intel or AMD. And I highly doubt those cheap Chinese knockoff motherboards will provide the PCI lanes needed to run a 3090 properly.

g-unit1111

Titan
I have honestly never heard of any of these parts. I would suspect that motherboard is a cheap knock off (most likely RMAs or black market) of major motherboard brands like Asus and Gigabyte. Also, that PSU is garbage and most likely a powder keg waiting to go off.

Plus LGA 2011 is way too old to recommend for any use besides browsing and streaming so there's also that.

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
What you think - is it gonna last?

The knock-off boards are the unknown quantity - They're typically salvaged parts. For basic functionality, it'll probably 'last', but nobody can say for sure.

RAM is RAM, even if from a lesser/unknown brand.

The SSD I wouldn't trust, and the "83+" PSU? 😂

Not a system I'd ever recommend, for obvious reasons.... but an interesting experiment.

DSzymborski

Titan
I mean, if it was really cheap, it'll be fine in the short term at productivity applications, though not very exciting. Price is always a big consideration with something like this, so there's not much to say without knowing the information (and I'm not going through a 30-minute video to find the price). Not much of a sleeper gaming rig or anything given the clock speeds.

g-unit1111

Titan
The knock-off boards are the unknown quantity - They're typically salvaged parts. For basic functionality, it'll probably 'last', but nobody can say for sure.

RAM is RAM, even if from a lesser/unknown brand.

The SSD I wouldn't trust, and the "83+" PSU? 😂

Not a system I'd ever recommend, for obvious reasons.... but an interesting experiment.

I'm reminded of that Simpsons scene where they go to the outlet mall and Homer buys a knock off TV.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PvSTe2FfD9Y

And yeah there's nothing on this build I would recommend, especially given the age of the X79 platform. And the GPU is probably the only decent piece of hardware on that build, but even that is stretching it.

Oct 28, 2020
I have honestly never heard of any of these parts. I would suspect that motherboard is a cheap knock off (most likely RMAs or black market) of major motherboard brands like Asus and Gigabyte. Also, that PSU is garbage and most likely a powder keg waiting to go off.

Plus LGA 2011 is way too old to recommend for any use besides browsing and streaming so there's also that.
Ahahaha! LGA 2011 - VERSION 3 processors (8 cores) easily desroys newest processors and fully loads Nvidia 3090 - maybe you'll learn something?

logainofhades

Titan

That is false. They will not destroy a 10700k. The 10700k clocks higher, and runs cooler. I do not see an older Haswell E, or Broadwell E, CPU beating 3rd gen Ryzen either, as it's IPC is higher. AMD matched Haswell's IPC with 1st gen Ryzen, and has improved significantly, since then.

g-unit1111

Titan

Uh.................. what? LGA 2011 is a 7 year old platform, there's no way it is better than the current lineups of CPUs from Intel or AMD. And I highly doubt those cheap Chinese knockoff motherboards will provide the PCI lanes needed to run a 3090 properly.

Solution

DSzymborski

Titan

Well, one can argue anything if that person has no resistance again just making stuff up, as you are. Even on productivity synthetics (and productivity is the only reason to buy this CPU), this thing loses to a modern i3 or a 2400G. In gaming, the molasses-like clock means the gaming performance is abysmal; I'd use an i5-2400 first.

g-unit1111

Titan
Well, one can argue anything if that person has no resistance again just making stuff up, as you are. Even on productivity synthetics (and productivity is the only reason to buy this CPU), this thing loses to a modern i3 or a 2400G. In gaming, the molasses-like clock means the gaming performance is abysmal; I'd use an i5-2400 first.

Unfortunately there's no logical fallacy for the "some guy on Youtube said it, therefore it must be true!" argument yet. :pt1cable: