what year for a MacBook Pro

skywere

Honorable
Dec 7, 2013
i own a pretty decent gaming pc but i miss sitting in my bed surfing on a laptop.
i have been looking at MacBook pro's but all the newer models cost a bit too much for what i can spend.
so i was wondering, what year MacBook Pro is still good for surfing the web (youtube, facebook, forum's)
and for small video editing tasks (not necessary).
basically, i want a MacBook Pro that still works fast with every day tasks but for a good price that is not too high.

Solution
Honestly, from what you described, anything with an Intel Core 2 Duo or better would suffice. You can get these for about $450 to $550. Core Duo would probably do as well, but is only 32bit and hindered by Ram maxes of 2-3GB. Anything newer than '09 would be preferable.

Iron124

Reputable
Jun 1, 2014
Honestly, from what you described, anything with an Intel Core 2 Duo or better would suffice. You can get these for about $450 to $550. Core Duo would probably do as well, but is only 32bit and hindered by Ram maxes of 2-3GB. Anything newer than '09 would be preferable.

Solution

skywere

Honorable
Dec 7, 2013

thanks for the quick answer :3

BoostSoftware

Reputable
Mar 18, 2014
No kidding. An inexpensive PC can go a long way to provide all you need for games and video. Movie Maker is the editing program built in to the OS and is super-efficient/easy to use. You could get a new machine and everything you want for about 1/3 the price.

TRENDING THREADS