what you think guy's about my upgrade ? ( i7 4790k )

Danny Nieuwenhuis

Reputable
Aug 23, 2014
hey Guy's

what do you think of this upgrade

a Z87 Killer motherboard
a I7 4790K proseccor
and 8 GB Ram

whill this be ok to work whit the next 2-4 years for gaming on medium and some other stuff
and the reason why i ask this is becaurse i dont know or this upgrade is i worth for mij money ?

im now ursing a Q6600 whit a Asus P5W deluxe motherboard and 4GB Ram whit the Q6600 30 % overclock

so the reason why i have choose that MB is for overclocking and the cpu becaurse i think its a good and the 8 gb is i think enough for gaming.

So whill this be a good upgrade for me and for furture gaming ?
and whill it be good overclock eble ?
is this enough for high end gaming ?

so PLZ help me Guy's
i can get this upgrade for 500 euro

So plz help me whit this question

It should work but it would possibly be easier, and costy the same, to get the z97 motherboard. Right now all you need from a CPU is an i5, you dont need the hyperthreading in an i7 and if all your goal is to play medium 4 years out I would say an i5 would be a cheaper option that will be just as good.

David36

Reputable
Aug 15, 2014
Overclocking is not a guaranteed thing and it voids warranty, reduces the life of the chip, and reduces the reliability of a system. Also when troubleshooting system/software problems you should not have anything overclocked.

heyu29h

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2009
the k at the end of the chips modle is there so it can be over clock, in 10 years of oc locking ever cpu I have ever owned, as long as I watch the temp, iv never had a permanent problem with the cpu