What...

....did we determine was the name of Lara's butler in the games ( not in
the movies )? Was it 'Winston'? 'Jeeves'? Something else?

--
rolobeastie@earthlink.net
Fishing in the rivers of light...

Gordian Slash wrote:

> ...did we determine was the name of Lara's butler in the games ( not in
> the movies )? Was it 'Winston'? 'Jeeves'? Something else?
>
> --
> rolobeastie@earthlink.net
> Fishing in the rivers of light...

I'd have to go back and check (it's been a while), but I seem
to recall hearing in TR C that it's Winston. I could wrong.

-- G

Gary Mitchell wrote:
> Gordian Slash wrote:
>
>>...did we determine was the name of Lara's butler in the games ( not in
>>the movies )? Was it 'Winston'? 'Jeeves'? Something else?
>>
>>--
>>rolobeastie@earthlink.net
>>Fishing in the rivers of light...
>

> I'd have to go back and check (it's been a while), but I seem
> to recall hearing in TR C that it's Winston. I could wrong.
>
> -- G

It is Winston.

JW

"Gary Mitchell" <wb6yru@ix.nospam.netcom.com> wrote in message
> Gordian Slash wrote:
>>
>> ...did we determine was the name of Lara's butler in the games ( not
>> in the movies )? Was it 'Winston'? 'Jeeves'? Something else?
>>
>> --
>> rolobeastie@earthlink.net
>> Fishing in the rivers of light...
>
> I'd have to go back and check (it's been a while), but I seem
> to recall hearing in TR C that it's Winston. I could wrong.
>
> -- G

All the googled web pages about the game butler say:

It's JEEVES!

I'm not so sure tho...

McG.

In news:<dx5Id.46295$Ta2.23048@fe2.texas.rr.com> schrieb McGrandpa:
>> Gordian Slash wrote:
>>>
>>> ...did we determine was the name of Lara's butler in the games ( not
>>> in the movies )? Was it 'Winston'? 'Jeeves'? Something else?
>
> All the googled web pages about the game butler say:
>
> It's JEEVES!
>
> I'm not so sure tho...

Really *all* the googled web pages? ;-)
http://www.google.com/search?q=%22butler+called%22+%22tomb+raider%22
http://www.google.com/search?q=%22butler+is+called%22+%22tomb+raider%22
http://www.google.com/search?q=%22name+of+the+butler%22++%22tomb+raider%22
http://www.misterpoll.com/2300077600.html

"Thomas Mautsch" <mautsch@math.ethz.ch> wrote in message

>> All the googled web pages about the game butler say:
>>
>> It's JEEVES!
>>
>> I'm not so sure tho...
>
> Really *all* the googled web pages? ;-)
> http://www.google.com/search?q=%22butler+called%22+%22tomb+raider%22
>
> http://www.google.com/search?q=%22butler+is+called%22+%22tomb+raider%22
>
> http://www.google.com/search?q=%22name+of+the+butler%22++%22tomb+raider%22
> http://www.misterpoll.com/2300077600.html

Thomas, I believe I saw most of the same ones that popped up for you.
LOTS of them talk about the movie butler, Hilary. But there is one that
seems to have THE definitive answer:

Tomb Raider II includes a training level at Lara's mansion, where there
is (of course) a butler - called Winston. At least, the Core Design team
who developed TRII called him Winston - he has no name in the game
itself.

Being as that came from Core, Winston it is :) TBH, I recall this
discussion in the past a couple of times. And this is the first where
I've seen mention of CORE having a name for him.
McG.

In the dead of night, a faint whisper from Gordian Slash was heard, at
about 01/21/2005 12:49 AM, and I could have sworn it said ...
> ...did we determine was the name of Lara's butler in the games ( not in
> the movies )? Was it 'Winston'? 'Jeeves'? Something else?

I don't recall a consensus.
Although I seem to remember most calling him "Jeeves", that is, until
the movie came out.

---
PW

nick

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

> "Thomas Mautsch" <mautsch@math.ethz.ch> wrote in message

> >> All the googled web pages about the game butler say:
> >>
> >> It's JEEVES!
> >>
> >> I'm not so sure tho...
> >
> > Really *all* the googled web pages? ;-)
> > http://www.google.com/search?q=%22butler+called%22+%22tomb+raider%22
> >
> > http://www.google.com/search?q=%22butler+is+called%22+%22tomb+raider%22

http://www.google.com/search?q=%22name+of+the+butler%22++%22tomb+raider%22
> > http://www.misterpoll.com/2300077600.html
>
> Thomas, I believe I saw most of the same ones that popped up for you.
> LOTS of them talk about the movie butler, Hilary. But there is one that
> seems to have THE definitive answer:
>
> Tomb Raider II includes a training level at Lara's mansion, where there
> is (of course) a butler - called Winston. At least, the Core Design team
> who developed TRII called him Winston - he has no name in the game
> itself.
>
> Being as that came from Core, Winston it is :) TBH, I recall this
> discussion in the past a couple of times. And this is the first where
> I've seen mention of CORE having a name for him.
> McG.

The booklet which comes with Tomb Raider Chronicles says in the
introduction:

"It is a cold dark rainy day, the Memorial service for Lara Croft over,
Charles Kane, Winston and Father Dunstan retire to Croft Mansion....."

I always thought that the butler's name was Winston.

Nick.

In article <B6CdnUwybPGrN2_cRVnyrA@pipex.net>, "Nick" <no_bother@all>
wrote:

> The booklet which comes with Tomb Raider Chronicles says in the
> introduction:
>
> "It is a cold dark rainy day, the Memorial service for Lara Croft over,
> Charles Kane, Winston and Father Dunstan retire to Croft Mansion....."

I feel cheated! The rrent Mac version of the game says:

"It is a cold, dark, rainy day. With the memorial service for Lara Croft
over, her old friends retire to the Croft Mansion.

As they sadly collect their thoughts, they reminisce about Lara's past
adventures."

It doesn't say who the old friends are. And Von Croy is in Egypt:

"Meanwhile...

Hundreds of miles away, Werner Von Croy co-ordinates the frantic dig -
searching for answers buried deep beneath the Egyptian desert."

Of course, as I mentioned elsewhere, it does come with that opening
video that has some unnamed priest address someone who looks like the
butler as "Winston."

-Andy-

--
see2go4me@yahoo.com
http://radio.weblogs.com/0104508/

"Nick" <no_bother@all> wrote in message
>> "Thomas Mautsch" <mautsch@math.ethz.ch> wrote in message

>>> Really *all* the googled web pages? ;-)
>>>
>>> http://www.google.com/search?q=%22butler+called%22+%22tomb+raider%22
>>>
>>> http://www.google.com/search?q=%22butler+is+called%22+%22tomb+raider%22
>>>

> http://www.google.com/search?q=%22name+of+the+butler%22++%22tomb+raider%22
>>> http://www.misterpoll.com/2300077600.html
>>
>> Thomas, I believe I saw most of the same ones that popped up for you.
>> LOTS of them talk about the movie butler, Hilary. But there is one
>> that seems to have THE definitive answer:
>>
>> Tomb Raider II includes a training level at Lara's mansion, where
>> there is (of course) a butler - called Winston. At least, the Core
>> Design team who developed TRII called him Winston - he has no name
>> in the game itself.
>>
>> Being as that came from Core, Winston it is :) TBH, I recall this
>> discussion in the past a couple of times. And this is the first
>> where I've seen mention of CORE having a name for him.
>> McG.
>>

> The booklet which comes with Tomb Raider Chronicles says in the
> introduction:
>
> "It is a cold dark rainy day, the Memorial service for Lara Croft
> over, Charles Kane, Winston and Father Dunstan retire to Croft
> Mansion....."
>
> I always thought that the butler's name was Winston.
>
> Nick.

Well, that means it's 'official' then :) He's Winston!
McG.

"-Andy-" <see2go4me@spamworm.yahoo.com> wrote in message
> In article <B6CdnUwybPGrN2_cRVnyrA@pipex.net>, "Nick" <no_bother@all>
> wrote:
>
>> The booklet which comes with Tomb Raider Chronicles says in the
>> introduction:
>>
>> "It is a cold dark rainy day, the Memorial service for Lara Croft
>> over, Charles Kane, Winston and Father Dunstan retire to Croft
>> Mansion....."
>
> I feel cheated! The rrent Mac version of the game says:
>
> "It is a cold, dark, rainy day. With the memorial service for Lara
> Croft over, her old friends retire to the Croft Mansion.
>
> As they sadly collect their thoughts, they reminisce about Lara's past
> adventures."
>
> It doesn't say who the old friends are. And Von Croy is in Egypt:
>
> "Meanwhile...
>
> Hundreds of miles away, Werner Von Croy co-ordinates the frantic dig -
> searching for answers buried deep beneath the Egyptian desert."
>

> Of course, as I mentioned elsewhere, it does come with that opening
> video that has some unnamed priest address someone who looks like the
> butler as "Winston."
>
> -Andy-

Ok, I just checked my PC CD version (bought it the day it was released,
of course).
Nick is just teasing us man :) Mine says what yours does.
"A Tragic Loss ...
It is a cold, dark, rainy day. With the memorial
service for Lara Croft over, her old friends retire
to the Croft mansion."

I'll look thru my stuff from all the other TR's. But I don't think his
name is mentioned.
McG.

I still think it's Winston!

Gordian Slash typed:

....What "What" ...

<snerk>

I came into this query a bit late, but you know me, can't resist expressing
TR opinions whether asked for them or not.

I'm told I called him Jeeves while playing TR2 thru TR Chronicles, but
during the break of releases (or $ to buy them is more accurate), I too,
picked up calling him Winston.

Hillary and Jeeves are fine butler's names (like *I'd* know), but Winston
seems to me, to be the best fit for our Lara.

Ms T
--ever changing calm
Prez of the EAU, EAC and campaigning currently for your votes as the Emperor
of TMI! lol

McGrandpa wrote:

> "-Andy-" <see2go4me@spamworm.yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > In article <B6CdnUwybPGrN2_cRVnyrA@pipex.net>, "Nick" <no_bother@all>
> > wrote:
> >
> >> The booklet which comes with Tomb Raider Chronicles says in the
> >> introduction:
> >>
> >> "It is a cold dark rainy day, the Memorial service for Lara Croft
> >> over, Charles Kane, Winston and Father Dunstan retire to Croft
> >> Mansion....."
> >
> > I feel cheated! The rrent Mac version of the game says:
> >
> > "It is a cold, dark, rainy day. With the memorial service for Lara
> > Croft over, her old friends retire to the Croft Mansion.
> >
> > As they sadly collect their thoughts, they reminisce about Lara's past
> > adventures."
> >
> > It doesn't say who the old friends are. And Von Croy is in Egypt:
> >
> > "Meanwhile...
> >
> > Hundreds of miles away, Werner Von Croy co-ordinates the frantic dig -
> > searching for answers buried deep beneath the Egyptian desert."
> >

> > Of course, as I mentioned elsewhere, it does come with that opening
> > video that has some unnamed priest address someone who looks like the
> > butler as "Winston."
> >
> > -Andy-
>
> Ok, I just checked my PC CD version (bought it the day it was released,
> of course).
> Nick is just teasing us man :) Mine says what yours does.
> "A Tragic Loss ...
> It is a cold, dark, rainy day. With the memorial
> service for Lara Croft over, her old friends retire
> to the Croft mansion."
>
> I'll look thru my stuff from all the other TR's. But I don't think his
> name is mentioned.
> McG.
>
> I still think it's Winston!

Ok, thanks all! I'm going with WINSTON for my latest Tales of The Croft
( coming soon to a newsgroup near you! )...it's not like anyone is
looking to me to set the Croft Cannon in stone anyway, so who can it
hurt to just pick one?

And: Hey Andy! < salutes fellow Mac player > :)

--
rolobeastie@earthlink.net
Not a replacement for genuine human interaction.

Gordian Slash wrote:

> McGrandpa wrote:
> >
> > "-Andy-" <see2go4me@spamworm.yahoo.com> wrote in message

> > > I feel cheated! The rrent Mac version of the game says:
> > >
> > > "It is a cold, dark, rainy day. With the memorial service for Lara
> > > Croft over, her old friends retire to the Croft Mansion.
> > >
> > > As they sadly collect their thoughts, they reminisce about Lara's past
> > > adventures."
> > >
> > > It doesn't say who the old friends are. And Von Croy is in Egypt:
> > >
> > > "Meanwhile...
> > >
> > > Hundreds of miles away, Werner Von Croy co-ordinates the frantic dig -
> > > searching for answers buried deep beneath the Egyptian desert."
> > >

> > > Of course, as I mentioned elsewhere, it does come with that opening
> > > video that has some unnamed priest address someone who looks like the
> > > butler as "Winston."
> > >
> > > -Andy-
> >
> > Ok, I just checked my PC CD version (bought it the day it was released,
> > of course).
> > Nick is just teasing us man :) Mine says what yours does.
> > "A Tragic Loss ...
> > It is a cold, dark, rainy day. With the memorial
> > service for Lara Croft over, her old friends retire
> > to the Croft mansion."
> >
> > I'll look thru my stuff from all the other TR's. But I don't think his
> > name is mentioned.
> > McG.
> >
> > I still think it's Winston!
>
> Ok, thanks all! I'm going with WINSTON for my latest Tales of The Croft
> ( coming soon to a newsgroup near you! )...it's not like anyone is
> looking to me to set the Croft Cannon in stone anyway, so who can it
> hurt to just pick one?

OK, OK... with this debate still going on, I finally got motivated
enough to go back and check...

In the intro video of TR C, (the one with the butler and the priest
in the limo), more than once the priest calls Lara's butler "Winston."

So, no guess work needed, LJ, his name *is* Winston.

I knew I remembered hearing that in TR C. It's nice to know at
least a few of the old neurons are still firing properly. ;)

-- G

nick

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

> "-Andy-" <see2go4me@spamworm.yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > In article <B6CdnUwybPGrN2_cRVnyrA@pipex.net>, "Nick" <no_bother@all>
> > wrote:
> >
> >> The booklet which comes with Tomb Raider Chronicles says in the
> >> introduction:
> >>
> >> "It is a cold dark rainy day, the Memorial service for Lara Croft
> >> over, Charles Kane, Winston and Father Dunstan retire to Croft
> >> Mansion....."
> >
> > I feel cheated! The rrent Mac version of the game says:
> >
> > "It is a cold, dark, rainy day. With the memorial service for Lara
> > Croft over, her old friends retire to the Croft Mansion.
> >
> > As they sadly collect their thoughts, they reminisce about Lara's past
> > adventures."
> >
> > It doesn't say who the old friends are. And Von Croy is in Egypt:
> >
> > "Meanwhile...
> >
> > Hundreds of miles away, Werner Von Croy co-ordinates the frantic dig -
> > searching for answers buried deep beneath the Egyptian desert."
> >

> > Of course, as I mentioned elsewhere, it does come with that opening
> > video that has some unnamed priest address someone who looks like the
> > butler as "Winston."
> >
> > -Andy-
>
> Ok, I just checked my PC CD version (bought it the day it was released,
> of course).
> Nick is just teasing us man :) Mine says what yours does.
> "A Tragic Loss ...
> It is a cold, dark, rainy day. With the memorial
> service for Lara Croft over, her old friends retire
> to the Croft mansion."
>
> I'll look thru my stuff from all the other TR's. But I don't think his
> name is mentioned.
> McG.
>
> I still think it's Winston!

Not sure if you really think I'm teasing or whether you're just teasing :)
Have a look at
http://www.charybdis.dsl.pipex.com/winston.html
Could be a difference between US and European versions - my CD came in the
dvd style pack.
Nick.

"Gordian Slash" <rolobeastie@earthspamlink.com> wrote in message
> McGrandpa wrote:
>>
>> "-Andy-" <see2go4me@spamworm.yahoo.com> wrote in message

>>> I feel cheated! The rrent Mac version of the game says:
>>>
>>> "It is a cold, dark, rainy day. With the memorial service for Lara
>>> Croft over, her old friends retire to the Croft Mansion.
>>>
>>> As they sadly collect their thoughts, they reminisce about Lara's
>>> past adventures."
>>>
>>> It doesn't say who the old friends are. And Von Croy is in Egypt:
>>>
>>> "Meanwhile...
>>>
>>> Hundreds of miles away, Werner Von Croy co-ordinates the frantic
>>> dig - searching for answers buried deep beneath the Egyptian
>>> desert."
>>>

>>> Of course, as I mentioned elsewhere, it does come with that opening
>>> video that has some unnamed priest address someone who looks like
>>> the butler as "Winston."
>>>
>>> -Andy-
>>
>> Ok, I just checked my PC CD version (bought it the day it was
>> released, of course).
>> Nick is just teasing us man :) Mine says what yours does.
>> "A Tragic Loss ...
>> It is a cold, dark, rainy day. With the memorial
>> service for Lara Croft over, her old friends retire
>> to the Croft mansion."
>>
>> I'll look thru my stuff from all the other TR's. But I don't think
>> his name is mentioned.
>> McG.
>>
>> I still think it's Winston!
>
> Ok, thanks all! I'm going with WINSTON for my latest Tales of The
> Croft ( coming soon to a newsgroup near you! )...it's not like anyone
> is looking to me to set the Croft Cannon in stone anyway, so who can
> it hurt to just pick one?
>
> And: Hey Andy! < salutes fellow Mac player > :)

Yeah... hey... anyone seen our friendly neighborhood trainman around
lately?
"happiness is a fast train and a fast Mac" was his sig...
McG.

> Gordian Slash wrote:
>>
>> McGrandpa wrote:
>>>
>>> "-Andy-" <see2go4me@spamworm.yahoo.com> wrote in message

>>> Ok, I just checked my PC CD version (bought it the day it was
>>> released, of course).
>>> Nick is just teasing us man :) Mine says what yours does.
>>> "A Tragic Loss ...
>>> It is a cold, dark, rainy day. With the memorial
>>> service for Lara Croft over, her old friends retire
>>> to the Croft mansion."
>>>
>>> I'll look thru my stuff from all the other TR's. But I don't think
>>> his name is mentioned.
>>> McG.
>>>
>>> I still think it's Winston!
>>
>> Ok, thanks all! I'm going with WINSTON for my latest Tales of The
>> Croft ( coming soon to a newsgroup near you! )...it's not like
>> anyone is looking to me to set the Croft Cannon in stone anyway, so
>> who can it hurt to just pick one?
>
> OK, OK... with this debate still going on, I finally got motivated
> enough to go back and check...
>
> In the intro video of TR C, (the one with the butler and the priest
> in the limo), more than once the priest calls Lara's butler "Winston."
>
> So, no guess work needed, LJ, his name *is* Winston.
>
> I knew I remembered hearing that in TR C. It's nice to know at
> least a few of the old neurons are still firing properly. ;)
>
> -- G

Good Job Gary! Dunno why, but I've always thought him "Winston", even
during all the time of TR1 before TR2 came out. Might be that I'd
heard the name in one of the cut scenes or something. Not at all sure
why, just that it's always been "Winston". :0\
Maybe I just like "Winston" :)
McG.

>> "-Andy-" <see2go4me@spamworm.yahoo.com> wrote in message

>>> I feel cheated! The rrent Mac version of the game says:
>>>
>>> "It is a cold, dark, rainy day. With the memorial service for Lara
>>> Croft over, her old friends retire to the Croft Mansion.
>>>
>>> As they sadly collect their thoughts, they reminisce about Lara's
>>> past adventures."
>>>
>>> It doesn't say who the old friends are. And Von Croy is in Egypt:
>>>
>>> "Meanwhile...
>>>
>>> Hundreds of miles away, Werner Von Croy co-ordinates the frantic
>>> dig - searching for answers buried deep beneath the Egyptian
>>> desert."
>>>

>>> Of course, as I mentioned elsewhere, it does come with that opening
>>> video that has some unnamed priest address someone who looks like
>>> the butler as "Winston."
>>>
>>> -Andy-
>>
>> Ok, I just checked my PC CD version (bought it the day it was
>> released, of course).
>> Nick is just teasing us man :) Mine says what yours does.
>> "A Tragic Loss ...
>> It is a cold, dark, rainy day. With the memorial
>> service for Lara Croft over, her old friends retire
>> to the Croft mansion."
>>
>> I'll look thru my stuff from all the other TR's. But I don't think
>> his name is mentioned.
>> McG.
>>
>> I still think it's Winston!
>>
> Not sure if you really think I'm teasing or whether you're just
> teasing :) Have a look at
> http://www.charybdis.dsl.pipex.com/winston.html
> Could be a difference between US and European versions - my CD came
> in the dvd style pack.
> Nick.

They're different, that's for sure. I have a jewel case with a tiny
booklet slid in. Also still have all the game boxes and literature :)
(yeah, a true geeked over TR!) and nothing that looks like your DVD
packaged one at all.
So that's two full positive hits in Chronicles now. Yours and Garys.
There will never be a doubt in my mind again, it's Winston! :)
Thanks for that!
McG.

"Nick"
snip
>> I still think it's Winston!
>>
> Not sure if you really think I'm teasing or whether you're just
> teasing :) Have a look at
> http://www.charybdis.dsl.pipex.com/winston.html
> Could be a difference between US and European versions - my CD came
> in the dvd style pack.
> Nick.

A second note; Watching I, Robot... it occurs to me he could have been
named....

Alfred :) Yet another name that seemed popular for butlers at one
time. Especially in Batmans time :)
McG.

McGrandpa wrote:

> "Gary Mitchell" <wb6yru@ix.nospam.netcom.com> wrote in message
> > Gordian Slash wrote:

> >> Ok, thanks all! I'm going with WINSTON for my latest Tales of The
> >> Croft ( coming soon to a newsgroup near you! )...it's not like
> >> anyone is looking to me to set the Croft Cannon in stone anyway, so
> >> who can it hurt to just pick one?
> >
> > OK, OK... with this debate still going on, I finally got motivated
> > enough to go back and check...
> >
> > In the intro video of TR C, (the one with the butler and the priest
> > in the limo), more than once the priest calls Lara's butler "Winston."
> >
> > So, no guess work needed, LJ, his name *is* Winston.
> >
> > I knew I remembered hearing that in TR C. It's nice to know at
> > least a few of the old neurons are still firing properly. ;)
> >
> > -- G
>
> Good Job Gary!

Well, I don't know about that. It's not like I did anything
wonderful. :/

> Dunno why, but I've always thought him "Winston", even
> during all the time of TR1 before TR2 came out. Might be that I'd
> heard the name in one of the cut scenes or something.

Hmmmm... I don't recall ever hearing the butler's name until TR C.
We here always called him Jeeves, until TR C.

> Not at all sure
> why, just that it's always been "Winston". :0\
> Maybe I just like "Winston" :)
> McG.

The thing I don't understand is why this had to wait for me to
get around to popping in that CD and checking. This is the Tomb
Raider NG after all. Half the group should have checked right
then. But, apparently not. <shrug>

-- G

McGrandpa wrote:

> "Nick" <no_bother@all> wrote in message
> > "McGrandpa" <McGrandpaNOT@NOThotmail.com> wrote in message
> >> "-Andy-" <see2go4me@spamworm.yahoo.com> wrote in message

> >> Ok, I just checked my PC CD version (bought it the day it was
> >> released, of course).
> >> Nick is just teasing us man :) Mine says what yours does.
> >> "A Tragic Loss ...
> >> It is a cold, dark, rainy day. With the memorial
> >> service for Lara Croft over, her old friends retire
> >> to the Croft mansion."
> >>
> >> I'll look thru my stuff from all the other TR's. But I don't think
> >> his name is mentioned.
> >> McG.
> >>
> >> I still think it's Winston!
> >>
> > Not sure if you really think I'm teasing or whether you're just
> > teasing :) Have a look at
> > http://www.charybdis.dsl.pipex.com/winston.html
> > Could be a difference between US and European versions - my CD came
> > in the dvd style pack.
> > Nick.
>
> They're different, that's for sure. I have a jewel case with a tiny
> booklet slid in. Also still have all the game boxes and literature :)
> (yeah, a true geeked over TR!) and nothing that looks like your DVD
> packaged one at all.
> So that's two full positive hits in Chronicles now. Yours and Garys.
> There will never be a doubt in my mind again, it's Winston! :)
> Thanks for that!
> McG.

You act like we're telling you something you didn't already
know for sure. You have TR C, yes? Why not just take a
look at the intro video yourself?

-- G

"Gary Mitchell" <
McGrandpa wrote:
snip

> The thing I don't understand is why this had to wait for me to
> get around to popping in that CD and checking. This is the Tomb
> Raider NG after all. Half the group should have checked right
> then. But, apparently not. <shrug>
>
> -- G

Well it was what, 2002? Three years ago. Hm. I'm sure our attention
was on other things at the time. Like that Chronicles was way too
short. We probably were clamoring for "More more more!" Heh! Uh oh,
time for work...
McG.

In article <i-WdncyeQfqc6m7cRVnyrg@pipex.net>, "Nick" <no_bother@all> writes:

>> > I feel cheated! The rrent Mac version of the game says:
>> >
>> > "It is a cold, dark, rainy day. With the memorial service for Lara
>> > Croft over, her old friends retire to the Croft Mansion.

IIRC, he's "Jeeves" in TR1, but "Winston" from TR2 on, and "Hillary" in TR:MS
(Movie Series).

Isn't it plausible that Lara's had three different butlers in the time we've
known her?

"Paul E Kiefer Jr" <pkieferjr@aol.com> wrote in message

> IIRC, he's "Jeeves" in TR1, but "Winston" from TR2 on, and "Hillary"
> in TR:MS (Movie Series).
>
> Isn't it plausible that Lara's had three different butlers in the
> time we've known her?

He's Winston in TR1 darnit! ;)
[but, he IS!]
McG.

Gary Mitchell wrote:

> The thing I don't understand is why this had to wait for me to
> get around to popping in that CD and checking. This is the Tomb
> Raider NG after all. Half the group should have checked right
> then. But, apparently not. <shrug>
>
> -- G

I thought my initial response would have been reassuring enough. No 'I
think', or 'it might be' just "It is Winston".

JW